News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 3.0.14 Products Module Bug

Started by kaiserdom, March 14, 2016, 15:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaiserdom

The products module in the last version of Virtuemart (3.0.14) shows products from many categories, although it' s set up to display only the ones from current category. I've attached a png with my settings to make you understand thoroughly.

Milbo

Top Level Category is the Root category, it means, show all.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

kaiserdom

Yes, but in Virtuemart 3.0.12 with the same settings my module displays random products from current category (the category that currently viewed product belongs to) automatically, without the need to choose one specific category or subcategory.

kaiserdom

It was PRO that suggested that way of use. Please see the attached image.

Ghost

Yes, this applies to product module. But not to category module. There is a category module layout which expands current category and shows its children (mod_virtuemart_category/tmpl/current.php). Using that, you can create a template override which display only current category and its children.

kaiserdom

I use the Virtuemart Products module and the problem has risen after the update. I believe it's something that has to do with Category Filter. I guess I shall stay with VM 3.0.12 for a while.

Ghost

Ignore my previous comment, I misread your post.

kaiserdom

Ghost

I don't think product module is meant to filter by current category. Looking at the code, category_filter only sets whether to use filter at all with specified category:

$products = $productModel->getProductListing($Product_group, $max_items, $show_price, true, false,$filter_category, $category_id);
In product model:
if ($filterCategory === TRUE) {
if ($category_id) {
$this->virtuemart_category_id = $category_id;
}
}
else {
$this->virtuemart_category_id = FALSE;
}

Studio 42

This settings should work.
All settting are correct and in VM 3.0.12, this is OK !
(I don't tested for now VM 3.0.14)
And PRO, the main forum poster explain it same.

kaiserdom

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Studio 42

Max, you need so many time for a core function, that not work anymore since last update ?

kaiserdom

I'm sorry to say so, but sadly this is for sure a downgrade.

Studio 42

Max i think it's related to the bug i have too.
Category id is unset in VM 3.0.14. in some case. So it's not working in many modules now, i think this is a core bug and not a bug in the module.