Main Menu

Multi Variant not showing product name on checkout

Started by websmith, March 11, 2016, 22:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

websmith

Edited for better clarification

Joomla 3.4.8
VM 3.0.12

We are using multi variants for sizing and colors options. I tried a test add to cart and checkout and the default variant shows the product name, however if I choose any other variant option only the variant option shows, not the product name. For example.
T-shirts is the product name. my multi variant is small, medium and large in that order.
If I choose small, which is first in line default variant, t-shirts displays on checkout. If I choose medium or large, just medium or large displays on checkout, not the product name of T-Shirts. This can be confusing if we are offering tanks, long sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, etc if only medium and large are displaying in checkout.

Now with that said, if I make the sizes a string, the product name displays as well as the size so there is no confusion. My problem is, I have hundreds of products added already using multi variant. Is there a way to make them to string on the fly or do I have to create all options for every single product again. Or is there a better way that Im unaware of?

Appreciate any help on this.

websmith