News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Best Multi Variant Bulk Editor Suggestions

Started by creatifpresence, February 16, 2017, 19:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studio 42

categ1-alias,categ2-alias or categ1-alias|categ2-alias is valid.
But if you don't used same column name, then you have to manually change it in the header (dropdown list) for each column you want to import.
In your case the column name is "categories.slug"

aftertaf

hmm, i still have issues and i dont get why...
here is the file i try to upload, any clue what is wrong with it ?

Studio 42

First, you should not use manufacturer.slug and manufacturer.name in same sheet.
Only old Excel is supported and best is to use ods (or csv). You can convert it with google sheet for eg. it worked always for me and is 10 times faster as xls, because the format of xls is many more complex(ods is a zip with multiple xml and is perfect for ajax stream reading).
See the attached file, it imported all products

aftertaf

i dunno if it's excel365 that is killing the file format, but it keeps giving me HTTP 200:

"Fichier :Copy of Import-Virtuemart_with_VmBePro.ods (6 KB) 100% preloading sheets , this can take some secondes !
Error: -200, Message: HTTP Error., File: Copy of Import-Virtuemart_with_VmBePro.ods"

ill try with OoO

Studio 42

As i said, this is typical a upload problem. Have you checked your folder rights in the images directory ?

aftertaf

i did and i didnt see anything wrong. But that could be a #fail on my behalf... ill let u know if i find anything

aftertaf

I've fixed permissions with akeeba admin tools, just in case.
I've also tested some files i made, in .CSV.
3.csv is accepted fine and i can reach the 4.import button. I just can't figure out what the difference is between 3.csv and the other 2 files.