Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Problem with special character "&"

Started by geisti, March 02, 2016, 15:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geisti

Hey VM-Community,

i need your help.

I have a problem with the special character "&". When i´m using this in a title of a product i have the problem that the output for the browser tab is not correct.

For example.

i am creating the product "test & test" i get in the browser tab this: "test & test". in the product description is everything fine. the problem only appears in the browser tab and if i do a csvi export for product_name.

i migrated from vm2 to vm3. in vm2 all was fine. any idea?

thanks and kind regards

ted

tommo27

Hi Ted,

Not sure I can help but I'll certainly try :).  Out of interest, does it work if you specify it as "&" - this is the HTML 'way' of writing this.  While it is a bit of a guess, I would suspect this comes to down to the encoding used in the database or on the store site; it looks like this has changed somewhere during the upgrade to VM3.

First, make sure you have a backup of your database just in case.  Head to the Virtuemart config page and locate the check box "Enable database Update tools" on the main 'shop' tab (its near the bottom).  Next, head to tools & migration under the 'TOOLS' section and see if any of these options help.

Let me know what you find and I'll do what I can to help.