News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

SOAP XML webservice use virtuemart for logic?

Started by eddiex, February 18, 2016, 13:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddiex

Hi,

First... I am newbee to SOAP...
I got a question if I can handle SOAP requests thru my webpage...
And I figure out that virtuemart maybe can help me with this...

Does any one have any expirience with this?

the idea is... to receive a SOAP URI / URL with informastion...
I would like to "pipe" that request into virtuemart and prosess a SOAP reply...
The reason for using virtuemart will be to classify prices for the request... and reply the correct soap uri.

its more like a payment passthru or something...

do we have any expirience with using virtuemart for this???

Any help with be good...

Tnx, Eddie

Studio 42

As you can use soap, you can use json, if this is only to return some data, you can create for eg a plugin and use com_ajax in Joomla 3 (or trrigger directly a system plugin).
If you need some security, you can add a password checker on adding it in your URL for eg.
You can then handel nativelly the response with javascript or any compatible solution.
Most API (joomla,google ...) do not use soap anymore, It's complicate for nothing ;)

SO use a simple ajax call for eg. and return a json, is the lightest solution and if you need to secure by password for multiple user, it's possible too(but it's more complicate).

If you want a Top solution, you can integrate nodeJS or any restFull solution, but this need a pro level and many hour(days?) to do it and a dedicated server

eddiex

Hi, and tnx for good info...

i am still woundering :-)

the service we are serving is a payment for a enduser...
1. we will get a SOAP uri with info regarding name, phone, and what product he has ordered.. and offcourse some session info...
2. so we have to detern the price and respond with a SOAP uri with same session id, name and number and the price for the product...
3. then we should get a confirmation SOAP uri that the payment is ok in return....
4. then we reply a SOAP iru with a confirmation...

I just wounder if this can be included into virtuemart and soap/json api?

The benefits will be to get repports etc by product and manufators...

You think ajax will solve my idea?

Eddie

Studio 42

IF you need to answer soap, then you need to use SOAP.
But you call is not a standard call but a response to your APIl. So it's hard to give an answer, but in all case need specific development.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member