Main Menu

Add to Cart Problem on Product Detail Page

Started by mediax, February 10, 2016, 16:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mediax

Hi Guys,

I will be as complete to describe my environment as possible::

USING | Joomla! 3.4.5 Stable and VirtueMart 3.0.10

The Problem: In category view, the fancybox popup as well as add product to cart works fine. In product detail view, neither the fancybox, add to cart or change quantity works.

In configuration Fbox is activated, VM jquery and product scripts activated. I have tried variations of this with no luck.

I have tested in Chrome and Fireworks with the same result. I have installed and activated JQUERY EASY, it had no effect on the problem. I have disabled plugins, and the problem persisted. I have removed all the template/html/com_virtuemart files, and no result.

I have read through many forum posts today and tried the advice that many people suggested, but yet my problem persist.

If anyone could suggest any advice for me, what I can still try to fix this issue I will sincerely appreciate it.

Live Site: http://www.jbfurniture.co.za

Regards,
MediaX

jenkinhill

First your Joomla/VM versions are insecure and should be updated ASAP. Obviously test updates on a backup copy of your site.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683

1. You are loading an old jQuery version, jQ1.8  maybe for your Artisteer template? - in any case, current VM uses jQ1.11.3

2. The product details page gives a js error which will stop other stuff working :

TypeError: Virtuemart.stopVmLoading is not a function
Virtuemart.stopVmLoading();

You are not loading the following files, or jQueryEasy is preventing them from loading.
chosen.jquery.min.js
vmprices.js

Make sure that you set all options except "Use external google jQuery library" in Activate Css Styles & Javascripts (Config/Templates), disable jQueryEasy and if it is your Crapisteer template that loads jQ1.8 then fix the template code to prevent that happening, it "should" then use the version loaded by VM.  See if that works.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mediax

Hi jenkinhill,

Thank you for the input. I followed your advice and managed to get the add to cart working properly.

In configuration>prices: The show price was not ticked on and thus the quantity box did not work. Once I activated that all worked as it should.

Best wishes,
MediaX