News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Default product description

Started by jlb4350, February 17, 2016, 18:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlb4350

Is it possible for me to save a default product description template? For example, I want all new products that I add to Virtuemart to use a uniformed product description. Can I set it so that this data is automatically entered into the product description whenever I add a new product?
Thank you

PRO

do you want it to be editable?

If not, you could hard code it in your template.
so WHEN, you do not type in a description it displays.

in your product template, you could just add this code somewhere. Change the text to what you want it to say.
   <?php if (empty($this->product->product_desc)) {
   $this->product->product_desc='HTML AND DECRIPTIONS YOU WANT TO DEFAULT';
   } ?>

jenkinhill

I use Nonumber's content templater for repetitive full product descriptions. You can set up as many different descriptions as you require. Just hit a button to enter your save template text.
https://www.nonumber.nl/extensions/contenttemplater
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

Hello

The templater looks good. If I have understood it correctly that it imports data from the templates. In my case I have a lot of product descriptions that share the same data. In order to be able to change this common data in only one place for a lot of Products at once I use the this free plugin from kksou.com.

http://www.kksou.com/php-gtk2/Joomla/Include-Content-Item-plugin.php

This is not really what You asked for, but it could complement the contenttemplater. If the contenttemplater also has this functionality, please disregard my reply.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

The Content Templater does not have a function to change content globally once it is published to a product, so I could see the two working together.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum