News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

warning on "ask for price" popup non working in other languages

Started by g-1, February 12, 2016, 16:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g-1

Hello everybody,
I would like to have your opinion as Virtuemart experts about an issue that is really driving me insane.
The problem is very simple:
I have a multilanguage ecommerce (Italian + English) build with joomla and virtuemart
Joomla ver. is 3.4.6 and Virtuemart version is 3.0.12
On the top of that I have a custom template installed . The template comes from foresttheme and is called "reviver".
Template support team states to NOT UPDATE Joomla or Virtuemart until they release the new version due to compatibiity issues, so I'm forced with this release.

Now, i have several products with the "ask for price" label, but in the Italian version of the website  I dont'have the red warning notice for the "name field" (if left empty) and even if there is a "min 50 characters" requirement for message lenght the red warning does not shows out even there.
I have the red warning comes out only for a wrong email address.
This is a screenshot of the problem:
http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/950335/6687fef45930fee5ccae281b21f7d807

Also, if I try to send the message nothing happens and I do not receive any error (as it should if there are some wrong filled fields) or mail.
The strange behaviour is that this happens only for the Italian version.
In the English version the "ask for price" popup works correctly, and the system recognize if you left the "name" field empty and/or  if you write a message with less than 50 characters.

I had a long discussion ( more than 2 weeks with tons of screenshot to proove my words) with the template support team , but they refuse to help me because they say that this is an issue related to Virtuemart and not to the template.
They say : "problem is not with our theme. Problem inside of VM core. we only add styles".

But what is really driving me crazy is that the template support team have this exact problem in their demo website!!!!
this is the link to the Italian version of their demo website, you can see this issue if you try to click on the button "ask for price"of a product.
http://velikorodnov.com/dev/reviver3/index.php/it/

In your opinion , could they have right?
Or it is only a way to make joke on me?