News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Waiting list notify email and multi languages

Started by ptrouw, February 10, 2016, 11:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptrouw

Hello,

We use the "Users waiting to be notified when this product is back in stock" functionality a lot. The only problem is that it doesn't look at the language of the person who left his email.
In our store we have 4 languages.
The notify email subject line has a mix of languages, depending on default admin language.
In our case a Dutch product name and has arrived (in English)!

I already have made override for mail_html_notify.php to include a short message in 4 languages but that doesn't solve the mixed subject line.

Any change this can be fixed in a next release, to store front-end language together with notify email address, perhaps!

lindapowers

What you mean the only problem?

This function is not working at all, and has not worked since the days of VM1? The email never gets send.

Back in the day when you changed your stock from 0 to xxxxx to the product it automatically send an email to the awaiting list and this is not working!

Don't know what version you are using but in 3.0.12 it doesn't.

Regards

ptrouw

You are right.
I am using 3.0.12, and in multi language store this is not working.
It should store front-end language in _virtuemart_waitingusers table.
Hopefully it can be added in one of the point releases.

franayala

Not working since first version.

Not automatically email sent when stock. Only manual email system is working but when you have 1000 products... wow... this is a very hard work to mantain.

We use an external mysql connection to detect new waitingusers and compare with stock. When stock available, we enter into the product view and send the email.

A hard work every day... :(
www.cuidadicos.es - Natural suplements and beauty

lindapowers

This is even worst than I thought, If you press "send email" to the shoppers in the awaiting list and email is send to the vendor per each shopper in the list.

mhuebler

maybe one day anyone will find a solution for these sadly leck of virtuemart ;-)