News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Category language setting is not working

Started by JeLo, February 10, 2016, 08:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeLo

Hi!

I have a multilingual shop and everything works correctly expect category and products language setting. I set the English categories and products to English, Hungarian  to Hungarian, but all categories and products appears in both languages.

(Language filter is enabled)

What can I do with it?

I just discovered, when I set the category language to English and I save it, turns back to Hungarian. Why?

Webshop language setting is ok. Both language have been chosen.

Joomla 3.4.4<br>
VirtueMart 3.0.12

jjk

Quote from: JeLo on February 10, 2016, 08:26:14 AM
I have a multilingual shop and everything works correctly expect category and products language setting. I set the English categories and products to English, Hungarian  to Hungarian, but all categories and products appears in both languages.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean you are trying to set English categories and products which are not visisble in Hungarian and vice versa?

I just discovered, when I set the category language to English and I save it, turns back to Hungarian. Why?

If you click on 'Save' when you edit a category or a product, VM always returns to the default site language configured in Joomla. So if your default site language is Hungarian and you click on 'Save after translating a category or product in English, it will switch back to Hungarian. If you want to work on many translations, you can avoid the return to Hungarian by temporarily choosing English as the default site language in Joomla.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

JeLo

Quote from: jjk on February 10, 2016, 18:39:13 PM

If you click on 'Save' when you edit a category or a product, VM always returns to the default site language configured in Joomla. So if your default site language is Hungarian and you click on 'Save after translating a category or product in English, it will switch back to Hungarian. If you want to work on many translations, you can avoid the return to Hungarian by temporarily choosing English as the default site language in Joomla.

Thank you, but this solution works neither. I set the default language to english, saved the English categories. After that I switched back the deafult language to Hungarian, and all categories turned back into Hungarian.

There is something bigger problem with language modul. I discovered, I can't associate menus neither. On the menu assotiation tab, in the drop-down list aren't all menu items. If I choose a random menu itemt to associate the actual menu, and I save it, both language drop-down turns back to -No assotiation-.
Joomla 3.4.4<br>
VirtueMart 3.0.12