some thumbnails aren't showing on the frontend and there a no pictues visible in

Started by Ruup, January 22, 2016, 15:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruup

I am using version 3.0.12.
Tested with the mediahandler.php file and cleared cache, but no result.

Is there another way that you guys can have a look at it?

Ruup

I found the problem!

The path of the thumbnail was like this: (standaard URL) images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/maasgrind-2-5_220x220.jpg
Deleted the ''(standard url)'' part and it works!
I don't know how it gets there.

Thank you all for your help

Ruup

Not the whole problem is solved.
Trying to add an image to the product, but no path to the small image is made, see attachment
If i upload the small image in the /resized folder en manually make the path to the image it works.
Why doesn't VM make the path by itself?

Studio 42

Quote from: Ruup on January 24, 2016, 22:31:36 PM
Not the whole problem is solved.
Trying to add an image to the product, but no path to the small image is made, see attachment
If i upload the small image in the /resized folder en manually make the path to the image it works.
Why doesn't VM make the path by itself?
Have you check your folders rights ?
If in the config, dynamic thumbnails is checked, then the thumbs should always be here.
And if you tested my tools, was some error found ?

Ruup

Studio 42

If you use my tool, you need to select first the filter 'type' of media(product, category...).

Ruup

Hi,

i checked for errors and this came out. (see attachment).
what does it say?

Studio 42

This are all the considerate obselete files
So else you have change some settings ni your shop, or all this are obselete and no relation is found in your shop with this images.

Ruup

Hi,

today i was testing some things.
Removed all the product images of a product and added some new ones.
there is something weird going on.
The first image i added works fine with the thumb and the big image. The second one, the thumb isn't working again. Also there's no thumb in the /resized folder.
Also there's a problem with the file name, see attachment.  At the first arrow is the filename of the first attached photo.

Studio 42

Have you checked in your config all your path (in same tab as thumbnail creation) ?
Have you check the server rights and that all this folders exist and the subfolder resized with write premission.
I know you can have some problem on creating the folders by FTP. So you need to check rights and perhaps use CHMOD 777 in the resize folders.

Ruup

The path for small images was like this: images/stories/virtuemart/forSale/resized/
changed it to this: images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized
Changed the folder rights to 777 and tested it again but no result. All the folders are present.
Only the first product image is created in the resized folder and the second doesn't, see attachment.
Very strange.

EDIT: if i use the option ''replace small image'' it is working.

Studio 42

"kleine afbeelding" sould display the default thumbs name.
In your case you have no name at all, as if the resizing is not set, it's why it hink something is not corretly set in your VM config.

kalestud

Ruup,

I also have this issue. I actually think is has to do with a custom plugin somewhere, but can't figure out the solution aswell. Tries all the same things as you did.
Also, in the backend in the products list, no thumbs are shown.
I can upload images to a product and in the frontend no thumbs show up, although the pictures do work. Going back to the Virtuemart Tools and clicking 'reset thumbs' fixes the frontend situation.
I now do this every time I uploaded a batch of new products.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kalestud

Hi Jenkinhill,

unfortunately, this is not the case in my case and I can only guess that's the same with TS.
Thumbs are not shown in front on productdetails and (therefore) not generated automatically.