News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Rating doesn't publish

Started by jorgepracticum, February 09, 2016, 18:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jorgepracticum

Hi
I did another post asking about some problems like this. But now, I'm sure what is the problem
Ok, I'll inform about my research and my problem
The problem is when a user writes his comment and rates the product, the rating star never loads the information of the rating. So the rating stars always are grey
I saw that the column published in the table #_virtuemart_ratings never writes a true (1) there. So I started to look for where the component stores the information in that table. I've seen that the component stores the information in the function bindChecknStoreNoLang in the file administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmtable.php. The problem is that when the component stores the data, the data array hasm't got a parameter with the value of published, so the componente stores it with the value 0. I write this line before the componentes stores the data:
$data['published']=1;
When I writed that, the component stores the data correctly with value 1 in the published column and in the front end the rating star loads properly   ;D ;D
So I ask you why is happening this to my component?
Regards

PD: I have checked the option Autopublish comments

EsSa55

Hello

Where exactly did you insert:

$data['published']=1;

?

Thanks

jenkinhill

You have replied to a message from 30 odd months ago!

There is no issue with current VM versions displaying star ratings and reviews using the VM default templates.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum