News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Field Delimeter in shopper Fields

Started by geoele, February 07, 2016, 12:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoele

Hello. Can any one pls to explain how the follow example it works i was found in this forum for the fieldset delimeter in shopper fields of vm3?

Thanks.

The example:

17) Field Type at Manage User Fields:
At "Add/Edit User Fields" in the Field type, we would have a new option that would work similar to "=== Fieldset delimiter ====", but it would be "=== ValueSet delimiter ===". The idea is something like that: If we pick the "=== ValueSet delimiter ===", it would have one dropdown list to pick the the fields we have already created with the options field type "Dropdown" or "Checkbox", and one input field were we enter the value we want that it will get as YES to "work as delimiter" and shows the fields in the delimiter area otherwise it will be NO and won't show the fields that belongs in the delimiter area.

Example:

Let's suppose I've created in my form a Dropdown (Single selection) USER FIELD where the titles and values are: Friends = 1, and Family = 2.

So, in this case at the "Add/Edit User Fields", I would pick the file type "=== ValueSet delimiter ===", select the "Source value field (Field name)", that would be "vm_usertype" for "Friends=1/Family=2", and fill the input field "dellimiter value" as a 1. Now I would create another "=== ValueSet delimiter ===", but with the value 2 for "Family". Now at the "Manage User Fields" table I put the fields I want under the Value set delimiter(1) and the other under the Value set delimiter(2).

By having that set, if a user while filling the form picks the option "Friends" that is equal 1, it will refresh the page and show certain input fields, so, those fields that will be bellow the "=== ValueSet delimiter ===(1)". If the member picks the option "Family" that is equal 2, it will refresh the page and show another input fields in the form that will be below the "=== ValueSet delimiter ===(2)" that I had set as 2.

That feature would be cool, wouldn't it? ;0)

Any Help?

geoele

Any idea of this from the pros of the forum, any screenshot of the form or anything else? Need help! Thanks.