News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Category page removal of modal/lightbox on product images 3.0

Started by Thump76, February 04, 2016, 23:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thump76

Hi there
Really hope you can help. I am getting a lot of feedback about my category page and the link on the product images at the moment it opens a modal/lightbox. Users are expecting the image to go to the product detail page. Is there a way of switching off the modal/lightbox and instead taking them to the product detail page?

I came across this: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103785.0 (and many others) but I think this is for vm2
I have looked in my /templates/YOUR TEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php file but still not any clearer.

Sorry but I have checked on Google and the forums but there is only info on how to make this change with VM2.5. I am using: Joomla 3.48 and VirtueMart 3.0.12

Hope you can help
Thanks
Phil

jenkinhill

Normal VirtueMart 3 action is that clicking on a product image on the category page does take you directly to the full product details page. So it seems that you are using template overrides which do not support that function. In default VM that function can be found in the sublayout at components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/products.php  The relevant code is

<div class="vm-product-media-container">
<a title="<?php echo $product->product_name ?>" href="<?php echo $product->link.$ItemidStr?>">
<?php
echo $product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="browseProductImage"'false);
?>

</a>
</div>

Assuming your template developer has actually updated the overrides to VM3 format, then the override being used will be [yourJoomlaTemplate]/html/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/products.php  - so that is the file you will need to edit.

Or get you template developer to fix it.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Thump76

Wow thank you for your quick reply. I'll check this out.
Phil

Thump76