News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Cart does not update when selecting shipment method

Started by vittoriobruno, February 02, 2016, 13:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

Yepp, I think also the best way is to create a cart menu entry (maybe hidden) and to remove the cart module for the cart view
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

vittoriobruno

Hi,
actually that was an example in a test site.
In "real" site I am not showing items list I have in the cart: this way user just sees "3 products - Total 20.00 euros" for example.
So we have two possibilities: if I show the items list in the cart, the confusion AH was mentioning is not being created, since ajax is "not working" (let me say). But showing the items in the cart is an administrator option, and I chose not to show them in the cart: in this case the confusion just mentioned again does not appear...but I have the issue again because cart total module is not updating! this is another confusion: module states 10 euros, order summary states 20. It's like, in a way or in another, confusion has to exist!

Just to answer also to jenkinhill... my cart module is a menu item, not a left module in the template like in the images I attached last: furthermore, menu item is always visible by choice. It scrolls down together with the scrolling down of the products, and it contains also articles links like "shipment", "payments", "login", etc. It has been created this way in order to let the user see always the main features.

GJC Web Design

QuoteI don't see the logic in having the cart module display at checkout and display the same data twice.

Totally agree...  the aim should be to let the clients tiny mind not be distracted but anything other that getting the payment done

just disable the cart module in any cart pages
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

AH

Gjc

Sometimes the cart module is in the header or as a dropdown and disabling it is not great for the user experience

No matter what is done - it seems as if some customers live their lives in total confusion
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

vittoriobruno

Ok,
I followed your suggestion, removing cart module from main menu, putting it as a module in left position of the template and finally disabling its visualization in cart pages.
I just add a "show cart" menu item that sends user to cart summary, even if now it is not possible for customer to see always cart details like total products and total cart, that was my initial need.

However (could be a suggestion) maybe regardless of the redundancy of the information, it could be useful to add a field like shipment/payment method fee row in cart module, as AH someway mentioned in a previous post, and let the administrator choose whether to show it or not in frontend. This shall also have an impact on current AJAX behaviour, I think.

In any case, thanks to you for the support!