News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Blank PDF Invoices being created - 100's of pages long

Started by sandstorm, January 14, 2016, 12:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandstorm

I have had an issue in a Joomla 2.5/VM2 site for a while now where, a shopper receives a PDF invoice along with there confirmed order, but this PDF invoice is over 100 pages long and all blank other than footer information on each page.

Anyway I now just migrated everything over to Joomla 3.4.8 & VM3.0.12 & I am getting the same issue, so whatever was my issue in the VM2 site has transferred to the VM3 site.

I read the "Customising the PDF" advice here - http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/205-invoices.html
I have made sure that I added new vendor logo, saved as .jpg, also made sure that my shipping & payment logos are both saved as .jpg and made sure all shipping & payment methods have a .jpg image assigned.

There are no other layout changes in the invoice template, but when I test using the sample URL, provided in the above help link, I still get a 9 page blank PDF, with nothing but the footer note.
If I delete the Logo from the vendor, I still get a blank PDF invoice, but now only 7 pages?

Can anyone advise what may be wrong here & possible solutions or things I should be checking please.

Thanks in advance
Andy

J3.4.8
VM 3.0.12
TCPDF 6.0.096 by Nicola Asuni. Joomla Installer by the VirtueMart Team
PHP 5.5.31
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

sandstorm

I have now solved this after hours of looking around, in the back end of my site.
In the end I got up another virtuemart site, where I know the invoice was working correctly & slowly copied each and every setting perfectly.

I worked through each tab Vendor & Invoice/Email settings and when i got the end & refreshed the sample invoice test URL, was disappointed that it still didn't work.

I then checked over the "Shopper Information" Tab. thinking I may as well check this too & the only thing different there was in "Shopper Information" The Shopper Group was set to "Default", where as my other working site had nothing set in there.
I removed "default", Saved & the PDF Invoice now works  :-X  ???  >:(  :o

Baffled & after looking into this further I am thinking that maybe TCPDF, could possibly be changed in future versions of virtuemart to mPDF or something similar.

Patrick from Studio42 sent this to me a while ago, which is interesting - http://studio42.github.io/joomla-pdf-document-view/
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

dimi2013

Even after 2 years, the problem still exists and your solution works. Thanks!