News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Seperate Quantities for different Sizes possible?

Started by tjohnston99, January 07, 2016, 20:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjohnston99

My current store is running VirtueMart (v2.0.20b).  One of my primary merchandise items are pre-printed t-shirts. As you know, t-shirts come in different sizes. But, I can only have one QUANTITY for Item 't-shirt'.

For example: If I have one(1) of each size s,m,l,xl,2x and 3x, that would be a total of six(6). But since I can not tell virtuemart the different quantities of the different sizes, someone can order six(6) smalls... and I don't have them!
I do not want to create 6 different items... and have someone accidentally pick the wrong one.. sizes are currently chosen by drop down using custom field.

If VirtueMart can do this, someone please, tell me how. I have searched the forum and found similar questions... unanswered.

Jörgen

Hello

Create child Products for each size, they will get their own id and You can give them their own SKU and stock quantity. Make sure the parent is not orderable.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

tjohnston99

How do you make sure the parent is not orderable?

jenkinhill

On custom field editor for Generic Child Variant set Parent orderable to No.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum