News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Add to Cart link does not allow or show any custom fields options

Started by websmith, January 07, 2016, 23:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

websmith

I am going through proofing on a testing server and come to find out when I click on a products "Add to Cart" button, it goes straight to check out and does not display, or let a person choose any custom field options, like size, color, etc. If I click on "Product Details" page, it brings me to product page with all custom field options available to choose from. 

I looked over configuration and shop entries and cant find anything that would lead me to fix this. In custom fields I do have Cart Attribute and Cart Input as Yes.

Where else can I look?

websmith

Quick Update
Template vmbeez5

"Show product customfields in browse views" Seemed to display the custom fields, however, the layout looks messy as some fields have more options than others. The owner of the site had an older version of virtumart and in that version the product details and add to cart link both took the visitor to the page details page where options could be entered. If there where options or variants, it would prompt you to fill in data, like a must fill custom field.
Info: To add this product into your cart you have to select a product variant on the details page.

Is there a way to display the products within a category where just title, image, short description and price are shown, then when clicked it would take you to product details page?

Or maybe the better way to ask this is how to removed add to cart from category page and have just on product details page?

Edit
This topic seems to be what im after but its an older version of VM. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=114187.0

jenkinhill

Quote from: websmith on January 08, 2016, 02:56:24 AM
Is there a way to display the products within a category where just title, image, short description and price are shown, then when clicked it would take you to product details page?

Or maybe the better way to ask this is how to removed add to cart from category page and have just on product details page?

Can be done easily using template overrides, which is the standard way of changing the layout.  http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/templating-layouts.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum