News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 3.0.12 Product Attributes, custom field default radio button - how ?

Started by prokops, January 07, 2016, 13:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prokops

Hi!

I have these radio buttons on my product via custom fields:

I have these wonderfull buttons to manipulate them in backend:

How do I make make one of my options default ? Pressing the default star icons, don't do anything.

cheers,

prokops

Hello!

Is it a silly question with an obvious answer or is this function broke in VM3.0.12?

prokops

Hi! This issue is still present in VM 3.0.14 as far as I can see. Can anyone confirm ?

cheers,

Bigitybossman

Hi prokops,

I'm having the same issue that you are, i would also like one of the radio buttons to be selected by default. Dose anyone have a solution to this?

I think the star that you are referring to in your screenshots actually means that it is a cart attribute, not a default select option. But i could be wrong?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Cheers

prokops

The css is claiming that it is the "default" option attribute.

Bigitybossman

It does appear that it should be working as the default button. It seems like a pretty standard feature that would work.

I am surprised that this has not been an issue for more user's. I will keep trying to find a solution.

lindapowers

If you use a dropdown list the first option used will be the default however in radio buttons we had the same issue as you guys.

I don't understand it either.

It is an issue for other users Bigi, thats why we use dropdown lists instead of radio buttons.

Regards

d0ublezer0

Studio 42

Do your own plugin, or find one(free or not), it's not very complex to do.
In all case currently VM do not control standard fields, so to have correct chekc in cart/order. You need a plugin

Studio 42

Quote from: mahootshop on August 08, 2016, 13:24:09 PM
how ?? ;D
Check existing customfield "text input" and replace the input by a ratio input and add function to check the value exist or not on add to cart.

Adwans

Hi!
Maybe some Jquery to incorporate? To play with this radio elements?
I have the same problem  >:(, need to have one of the radio buttons selected. Its created somehow in customfield/customfields.php maybe.
But Im not allowed to hack VM code.

d0ublezer0

jQuery(function ($) {

$(document).ready(function() {

$(".product-fields.addtocart dd").each(function(){
            $(this).find("input[type=radio]:first").attr('checked', true);
        });

});
});

JurgenGordijn

Quote from: d0ublezer0 on October 07, 2016, 07:27:15 AM
jQuery(function ($) {

$(document).ready(function() {

$(".product-fields.addtocart dd").each(function(){
            $(this).find("input[type=radio]:first").attr('checked', true);
        });

});
});

Does this stil work in 3.8 and where to insert this?

Kind regards
Jurgen