News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

SAML authentication

Started by kalvin, March 09, 2017, 16:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalvin

I did some searching on this topic but I didn't come up with anything? We are looking for a cart that is compatible with SAML authentication. This is the ONLY method of authentication we can use. Would anyone know if this cart would be compatible? Thank you!

jenkinhill

I think the key to this is SAML authentication for Joomla on which VirtueMart sits.  There are extensions to do that - eg https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/saml-2-0-idp-for-joomla/
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kalvin

Thanks for the reply Kelvyn!

I had happened upon that extension as well but wasn't sure if it would do the trick? I did contact that extension author to find out more details. We are trying to gauge the direction of this project and our solution sits firmly with SAML compatibility - do you know of any sites / current implementations such as this? Thank you for the reply!

jenkinhill

No I did have one hotel intranet client looking at this, but they dropped the idea. I think it was too complex for their IT guy.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum