Make childs of a parent be in quantity multiples and subtract from one inventory

Started by daweyo, January 04, 2016, 05:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daweyo

Hello, first off, I want to thank the people who make and support this product.

This is the scenario. I have 50,000 marbles that are black i want to sell. Based on customer preference, they chose how many packs of multiples they want.  They can order 3 marble bags, 5 marble bags and 10 marble bags. So I was hoping there was some way I could do variants where the customer chooses x4 3 marble bags, x7 5 marble bags, and x3 10 marble bags from one product. This way it subtracts from inventory (4x3)+(7x5)+(3x10) for a total of 77 marbles from inventory and the new inventory is 40,923.

I would also like to add variant +$2 for polished and non polished to each of the bag options.

I have been stuck on this and can't quite figure it out. Anyone excited about the challenge?  Thank you for listening.

Studio 42

The stock is by product and not variant.
If you need to manage your way the stock, this can perhaps work with a custom field plugin, but not with a shop setting.
For your option "polished", this can use standard custom field with the "list" option when you set it.