News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How do I setup multi language shop correctly

Started by kratzi, December 29, 2015, 23:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kratzi

Hi I am testing to setup a multi language shop on Joomla 3.4.8 and VM 3.0.12

Unfortunately I am running into problems and hope you could help me here as I wouldn't know how to proceed.

My shop should be in three countries and therefore in three languages and three currencies. One shop is running under a different brand.

I wanted to setup Virtuemart however run into the following problems that Virtuemart would override some values for all languages. F.e. when I setup a shop and declare that f.e. the german shop should have "product 1" for 200€ and then save that the polish shop should also have the "product 1" but now for 800 zloty the currency will change for the german shop from euro to zloty. It seems to me like VM would not be able to handle different currencies and prices for the same product. Also when I upload a different shop logo for the shop which is running under a different brand the shop logo is replaced for all shop. At last I unfortunately didn't find a way on how to save different configurations (Virtuemart > configuration) for different countries. This would be great as under configurations one could choose a different template or another pricing style depending on the country rules.
Also I had some problems to save a product or product category in different languages. However when testing this in real Joomla it works fine.

Now my question is if I am doing something completely wrong or if it is just not possible to achieve what I intend witch VM.

Joomla 3.4.8 and VM 3.0.12

Thank you and have a good slide into the new year.

krati

jjk

Quote from: kratzi on December 29, 2015, 23:02:26 PM
My shop should be in three countries and therefore in three languages and three currencies. One shop is running under a different brand.
It is possible to use different logos if you duplicate your template in the Joomla template manager, assign a language to each template and use the language switcher to toggle between the templates.
You could use VM's 'Multi-Vendor' capabilities for the different brand, but I think in this case you would need to add the product twice. I doubt that the same product can have two vendors.

QuoteI wanted to setup Virtuemart however run into the following problems that Virtuemart would override some values for all languages. F.e. when I setup a shop and declare that f.e. the german shop should have "product 1" for 200€ and then save that the polish shop should also have the "product 1" but now for 800 zloty the currency will change for the german shop from euro to zloty. It seems to me like VM would not be able to handle different currencies and prices for the same product.
See here: http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/217-multicurrency.html
The VM currencies module provides a currency drop-down list to choose from. As far as I know there are one or two commercial extensions which do switch the currency with the language and/or the customer's ip address.

I'm not sure if everything you want is possible with a single VM installation. There might be some other things to consider, like for example different tax rates in Poland and Germany or different legal requirements.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations