News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cart doesn't update on homepage

Started by Funtshirts, December 27, 2015, 00:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funtshirts

Hello Guys,

Im having trouble with my cart. For some reason my homepage doesnt know whats going on in my cart.
If i add a product you can see on every page one product is added. But for some reason when you then go to the homepage it says 0.
Same for adding more or deleting things in the cart. It just doesn't update.
My website is www.funtshirts.nl

Ive been told this problem could be anything, but mayb someone know or mayb you guys can tell me where to look.
im using joomla 3.4.8 and Virtuemart 3.0.12. And PHP version 5.6.9. Im using JCHoptimize, Jotcache, Jquery Easy and sh404sef.
I have tried everything. turning these all off clean cache etc didnt help either.....

I really cant find the problem. I hope you guys can help me out..

edit: sry if this is in the wrong section. Couldnt really find a right one.

jenkinhill

And CloudFlare? In my experience this can cause problems with cart modules failing to update. Remove ALL caching. IMHO sh404 can slow sites down, native Joomla/VM can be faster, removing the perceived need for even more addons to attempt to increase site speed.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Funtshirts

I haven't had a problem with cloudflare before.. Also tried to delete that cache. Really nothing works... :(
As for sh404sef, even if it slows my site a bit down for me its worth it.

And getting pretty good seo web checks. But the cart is a real big problem now. :(

Funtshirts

I dont get it. I turned every extension off. JCH optimize, sh404sef, jotcache, jquery easy.
Cleared cache (cloudflare as well) cleared history. Still the cart doesnt work! :(

Really hope someone got an answer or at least a good suggestion for me.

jenkinhill

What about trying with Protostar in case the issue is template related?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Funtshirts

Deleted all of those templates.

Might have to do with the latest Virtuemart update. Like Elleclouds says in other topics she just made in this general questions area, she has a similar problem after updating to 3.0.12. Just like me.
The template always worked for me..
Im really sure it's a Jquery problem. Since im having a problem with the colorswatch extension from CMSmart as well. And Jquery easy isnt able to fix the problem as well.

Thanks for the replies btw. Appreciate the help.

jenkinhill

Deleted all of those templates.

That removes one of the best debugging tools. You can re-istate then by re-installing Joomla on top of the current version (on a backup/test site, of course). If VM works OK with ProtoStar then the problem is template related.  jQuery only helps if there is a jQ problem, which can be picked up in GFirebug or similar tool. On your product page the error seen is

Error in script declaration; Error:jQuery(...).chosen is not a function
...ChosenDropdownLayout();}catch(e){console.error('Error in script declaration; Err...

Which could mean that you have not set jQuery up properly or some other jQ error.   http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=131471.msg453682#msg453682

With the use of JC optimise etc debugging is very difficult.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

GJC Web Design

QuoteYou can re-instate then by re-installing Joomla on top of the current version

or just upload the protostar template folder from the Joomla installer to "templates" and "discover" it via the joomla discover tool

Agree with jenks.. with all the compression and cloudflare on it is impossible to debug.. why don't you make a clone site with all that c**p disabled and start from there?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Funtshirts

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I tried using protostar. But the problem is that my cart on top right (www.funtshirts.nl), is a custom module that came with the template.
I did turn it on and off again maybe that did something..but anyway..so i couldnt really check its working. Because i could go to the cart and couldnt see the number on top right change.

Even when i turn all extensions off, put Cloudflare on pause... nothing works.
Im willing to give you my ftp info if you want. Maybe you guys can figure out whats wrong...

thanks again for the replies/help

GJC Web Design

but u still haven't tested the stock VM cart module!

if it works then it is the module.. then u tell the templater /dev to fix it
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Funtshirts

Its the stock module but another custom module links to that.

And i cant ask them to fix it.. support time is over :(