News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Featured products in VM frontpage and product module ignore childs

Started by lindapowers, December 19, 2015, 07:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Hi

VM 3.0.12 and joomla 3.4.6

Childs marked as featured are not shown in the VM frontpage with the "show featured products"

They wont show either in the vm module "VirtueMart Products" when you select it to show "featured".

Actually they are ignored in that module in any of the options for "best sales, random products, recently viewed etc"

Regards

Jörgen

Hello

I may be off base here, but I think that child products have to belong to a category if they are supposed to be shown. Otherwise they are hidden from display otherwise than through their parent. Assigning them to a category makes them also visible to the search module. This is not always desirable though.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

lindapowers

Quote from: Jörgen on December 21, 2015, 13:44:29 PM
Hello

I may be off base here, but I think that child products have to belong to a category if they are supposed to be shown. Otherwise they are hidden from display otherwise than through their parent. Assigning them to a category makes them also visible to the search module. This is not always desirable though.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

You are right, im talking indeed about childs with no category.
There is an issue with this type of products which I commented in another post, they are ignored by the system in many situations like ordering or the cases commented here.

Some of us use the parent simply as category holders and the childs not assigned to categories are not counted by the system.