News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

will vm 3.0.x support paypal plus?

Started by slammy, December 02, 2015, 13:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slammy

Hi Community,
I was wondering if VM 3.0.x does support PayPal-plus (integrated Version) ... Does anybody knows?
regards jens

slammy

Seems it is so late nobody knows. See here for further information. https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/paypal-plus
If There are other shopowners who are interessted: let us work together and pay the core-Team for the development. I am in.
Maybe the dev Team could look into the API and tells us what the development  will cost. Regards jens

slammy

is there really no other shopowner in germany who´s in the need to have a full paypal integrated solution like PayPal payments pro ? which is from my knowledge only available for merchants in great britain and us? regards jens

jjk

There are a few users in the german language VirtueMart forum who also want to use PayPal Plus:
http://forum.virtuemart.de/virtuemart-bezahlarten-160/paypal-plus-neuer-zahlungsdienst-fuer-rechnung-kreditkarte-lastschrift-1955/
Personally I won't use it. It's more expensive than the individual payment plugins I use. And not every merchant will be allowed to use 'Kauf auf Rechnung'. Basically this part seems to be a replacement for PayPal's Billsafe factoring subsidiary. One problem using such services is a relatively high rejection rate. Many customers won't be allowed to use it because of some stupid credit scoring checks.

And if you want to integrate other payment methods, PayPal insists on being listed as the first choice.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

slammy

Hi jjk,

thx for your mention and the hint to the other forum with the simultaneous thread!
Of course I noticed the higher rates for pp-plus but I focus on it because of the integrated solution. Did you ever evaluate how much users quit during checkout-process while redirected to PayPal? 20% of our clients quit after they´ll be redirected to paypal-domain. And with the offer to let the ppl pay with credit or bank debit it´s a possible solution out of one hand to me.

Quote from: jjk on December 10, 2015, 00:16:18 AM
One problem using such services is a relatively high rejection rate. Many customers won't be allowed to use it because of some stupid credit scoring checks.

Yeah these scoring agencys can have negative consequenzes for the buyers but there have been cases in the past at our shop where those did saved us from big monetary loss ...
regards jens

jjk

Did you ever evaluate how much users quit during checkout-process while redirected to PayPal? 20% of our clients quit after they´ll be redirected to paypal-domain.
No, I didn't. Which method do you use to check that.

Personally I sometimes quit after being redirected to PayPal when I test if if the redirection works. Users might also quit the process because they overlooked that PayPal is preselected and they wanted to use a different payment method.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

GJC Web Design

Quote20% of our clients quit after they´ll be redirected to paypal-domain.

And have you any idea why?

maybe its an information thing?  Big notice beside the Confirm button?

You will be redirected to the secure PayPal site to complete your payment...

I use->
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

slammy

hi jjk and GJC,

thx for your post.
Quote from: jjk on December 10, 2015, 14:39:49 PM
Did you ever evaluate how much users quit during checkout-process while redirected to PayPal? 20% of our clients quit after they´ll be redirected to paypal-domain.
No, I didn't. Which method do you use to check that.

We evaluated this over a short period of 4 weeks and did it by contacting them (if they are redirected and bounce we have a pending order in database, in such cases we contact those clients by telephone and ask friendly if we can help or if something failed while the process. Some of the ppl don´t wanted to answer us or it wasn´t possible because of wrong telephone numbers, so not every call was successfull and some rejected the call and won´t speak to us. I know that 6 successfull calls is without any influence to statistics but it´s the way we tried it.

Quote from: GJC Web Design on December 10, 2015, 16:45:08 PM
Quote20% of our clients quit after they´ll be redirected to paypal-domain.

And have you any idea why?

maybe its an information thing?  Big notice beside the Confirm button?

You will be redirected to the secure PayPal site to complete your payment...

I use->

What we know is, that it have been always ppl who didn´t pay with paypal before and wanted to give it a try (maybe we have to less payment options), but didn´t knew about the redirection (of course it´s in our payment-description but they overread it) to another domain so they bounce, others fully closed the browser-window ... Maybe the reason for this is that most of our clients are aged 35 to 65 and aren´t full familiar with such things like redirections ...

However, I think I´ll try GJC´s hint and improve the information thing in different ways like bigger font for payment-description and with customizing the look while redirecting, maybe it´s possible to improve that.

Does anyone have experience with that?
regards jens

AH

Quotethx for your mention and the hint to the other forum with the simultaneous thread!
Of course I noticed the higher rates for pp-plus but I focus on it because of the integrated solution. Did you ever evaluate how much users quit during checkout-process while redirected to PayPal? 20% of our clients quit after they´ll be redirected to paypal-domain. And with the offer to let the ppl pay with credit or bank debit it´s a possible solution out of one hand to me.

Are you able to use a paypal pro account

And accept payment using the hosted iframe option?

That way users do not get "bounced" and can enter card details into a secure frame on your site - with no requirements for you to have SSL as you never store the card details
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

slammy

Quote from: AH on December 10, 2015, 19:13:27 PM
Are you able to use a paypal pro account

And accept payment using the hosted iframe option?

That way users do not get "bounced" and can enter card details into a secure frame on your site - with no requirements for you to have SSL as you never store the card details

hi AH,
thank you for your post! I don´t know if I can switch my PayPal account to a pro one, what are the prerequisites or dependencies?
I know the extension "PayPal payments pro" which is only for gb and us merchants, didn´t knew there are other options ...

will check this tomorrow at PayPal-support.
thanks for all the hints!
regards jens

GJC Web Design

Quotecustomizing the look while redirecting

I have to admit it isn't so nice.. yes .. could do with restyling and more info

it is in the paypal  file plugins\vmpayment\paypal\paypal\helpers\paypalstd.php

line 170

if (vmconfig::get('css')) {
         $msg = vmText::_('VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_REDIRECT_MESSAGE', true);
      } else {
         $msg='';
      }

vmJsApi::addJScript('vm.paymentFormAutoSubmit', '
           jQuery(document).ready(function($){
               jQuery("body").addClass("vmLoading");
              var msg="'.$msg.'";
               jQuery("body").append("<div class=\"vmLoadingDiv\"><div class=\"vmLoadingDivMsg\">"+msg+"</div></div>");
             jQuery("#vmPaymentForm").submit();
         })
      ');

&

$html .= '<input type="submit"  value="' . vmText::_('VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_REDIRECT_MESSAGE') . '" />';
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Typhoon365

We also have a fair drop-out with the redirect to PayPal, maybe around the 5 to 10% mark.   

But we are finding most of our drop-out's are due to some sort technical glitches, speaking to our customers, they are reporting sometimes they are getting a blank screen, or the order details appear in PayPal but rest of page is blank, or can't click the button in PayPal to complete payment.  Had a couple lately where they enter credit details in PayPal, click button to make payment, but it seems paypal just took them back to screen to enter details again, customer thought payment went through but it hadn't. 

We do have a few customers that get confused with PayPal not realising they can just enter a card details without requiring a PayPal account.

Not sure if this is peculiar to us or if you might find some of your 20% drop-out it also due to technical issues with the redirect to PayPal or issues or technical issues on PayPal website itself.

slammy

Quote from: GJC Web Design on December 10, 2015, 21:52:00 PM
Quotecustomizing the look while redirecting

I have to admit it isn't so nice.. yes .. could do with restyling and more info

it is in the paypal  file plugins\vmpayment\paypal\paypal\helpers\paypalstd.php

line 170

if (vmconfig::get('css')) {
         $msg = vmText::_('VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_REDIRECT_MESSAGE', true);
      } else {
         $msg='';
      }

vmJsApi::addJScript('vm.paymentFormAutoSubmit', '
           jQuery(document).ready(function($){
               jQuery("body").addClass("vmLoading");
              var msg="'.$msg.'";
               jQuery("body").append("<div class=\"vmLoadingDiv\"><div class=\"vmLoadingDivMsg\">"+msg+"</div></div>");
             jQuery("#vmPaymentForm").submit();
         })
      ');

&

$html .= '<input type="submit"  value="' . vmText::_('VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_REDIRECT_MESSAGE') . '" />';

GJC, thank you for the file- and code-hint! Will take a look into it.

Quote from: Typhoon365 on December 10, 2015, 22:46:58 PM
We do have a few customers that get confused with PayPal not realising they can just enter a card details without requiring a PayPal account.

Not sure if this is peculiar to us or if you might find some of your 20% drop-out it also due to technical issues with the redirect to PayPal or issues or technical issues on PayPal website itself.

Hi Typhoon365, interessting post. I will try to check this in future contacts with the clients - if the are able to speak about ;) ...

Otto0815

Is there any news on a "Paypal Plus" plugin?

lindapowers

Quote from: jjk on December 10, 2015, 14:39:49 PM
Personally I sometimes quit after being redirected to PayPal when I test if if the redirection works. Users might also quit the process because they overlooked that PayPal is preselected and they wanted to use a different payment method.

Exactly, the only pending orders we get from paypal are customers which wanted to use another method... so 20% quit after being redirected... hard to believe.

If this is something only for Germany and U.K why should the team waste time developing it? cause the lead developer is German?

Hire a developer for this work, quite cheap with a few of you.

PayPal Express checkout is probably the biggest crap I've tested and we had to go back to the classic paypal payment. Customers understand perfectly paying in an external site, they do that with credit card systems, online banking like sofort and paypal.