Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to hide child products to Google

Started by user_fra, November 28, 2015, 21:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

user_fra

Hi,
(J2.5.27 VM 2.6.12.2)

I'd like to hide child products to Google. I created and published one main category and I created 3 sub-categories for child products. I unpublished the sub-categories so in the shop you can only see products of the main category. I set Meta robots in all sub-categoires and all child products as no index no follow but Google still see them.

Could you please suggest me how to proceed to hide child products to the spiders?

Thanks a lot
Francesco

user_fra

The problem is that if a person visits the site arriving from Google, from a child product link, also if he changes size or color using the options select, the name of the child product amd SKU will remain the same.
For example: if you see a T-shirt (color white - size small) in a Google link. Entering in the detail page of the child product and choosing a different color or size (large - black), after adding the child product to the cart, you will always read in the cart name and SKU of T-shirt (color white - size small) and the wrong price (if prices are different depending of the size).

That's why I wish to hide child products to Google.

Is there a way to do it using Virtuemart or should I only do it using the file robots.txt?

Thank you, kind regards
Francesco