Help me to solve the bizzare bug – RANDOM products added to orders

Started by padalec, November 26, 2015, 21:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

padalec

I have a live site which works perfectly. When I need to make modifications on my shop I create an exact copy (clone) with files and the DB an put on a test domain.

The problem is when I create a ORDER on my test site the order (orders in back end and order emails) shows some random product which I did not put into cart before. This happens with each order I create (sometimes also alternate ship to fields are filled with random data).

Hower the prices of these random product are not added to total sum in orders (see attached photo – screenshot in backend orders – first product was not added to cart by me and the value is also not added to total sum).

It is strange, because this happen only on test domain (which is the exact copy) as on live domain. 

I really need to understand what is going on ... I don't wan't sudden ugly surprises on live site.

Where can I start to find this bug? What should I look – which files?

Any help will be appreciated.

Joomla! 3.4.5
VirtueMart 3.0.12

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

padalec

Thank you ... Your tip help me find,  what was going on ... It is not a bug.

When I cloned the site for the test domain I truncated some tables (_virtuemart_orders, _virtuemart_userinfos, _users) for privacy pruposes).

However I did not truncate order and order item tables.  And those tables messed up some IDs from various tables.

I believe this was the reason.

Now orders and order emails are shown correctly.

Thank you Milbo