News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to make custom field image larger

Started by websmith, November 26, 2015, 14:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

websmith

VM3 and JM 2.5.28

I am trying to make a custom field image larger, however there seems to be something keeping it from being larger than 200x200px. Ive used firebug to locate the css but changing this does nothing. Maybe Im over looking something or just a little bleary code eyed. Appreciate any help on this.

websmith

The site is in some kind of local server. It's not a url. 
I need to add a custom come chart and the the custom field image selection would be perfect. However vm resizes the image to 200 x 200px. I can't seem you find a way to increase the size.

SnakeFFM

as far as I know the standard layout doesnt limit the px... there is just a limit for thumbnails which is around 90px...

As I dont see the site or code... there is no chance to help you ...

If its a 3rd party template, you should ask the developers...

websmith

Thanks for the reply. I think it has something to do with the image subfolder automatically resizing thumbnails. ALl images in the /images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/ automatically resize to 200 x 200px.
I tried deleting the resized images and uploading straight to the folder but it automatically creates a thumbnail.

To make it further complicated, as far as I can see the only way to add a custom field image is to upload through media files which is directly connected to that resized folder. IM kinda surprised it doesnt let you pic another folder to upload an image, but thats only option in drop down when adding a custom field image.

My apologies for not being able to provide a link. Im just a helper in the project.

jenkinhill

Quote from: websmith on November 27, 2015, 15:26:24 PM
I think it has something to do with the image subfolder automatically resizing thumbnails.
The "folder" does not do resizing. This is done by VM according to the settings Thumbnail Image Width and Thumbnail Image Height in VM Configuration/Templates/Media Files Settings

QuoteALl images in the /images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/ automatically resize to 200 x 200px.
I tried deleting the resized images and uploading straight to the folder but it automatically creates a thumbnail. 
See http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/templating-layouts/222-different-thumbnail-sizes.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

websmith

Ahhhh thank you JenkinHill. This is still a little bit confusing to me.

If I understand that correctly, I create this com_virtuemart/productdetails/default_images_additional.php in my /templates/YourTemplate/html/ folder.

Add the example code to default_images_additional.php, and I can modify the thumbnail size accordingly by editing the 0, 50.

So where does the displayMediaThumb code go?
function displayMediaThumb($imageArgs='',$lightbox=true,$effect="class='modal' rel='group'",$return = true,$withDescr = false,$absUrl = false, $width=0,$height=0)

Im not sure how this override will now which uploaded image to be applied to. Can you help clarify this a little bit?