News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Display Custom fields without Select Option button?

Started by SoTrue, November 25, 2015, 14:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoTrue

Hi All,

I have a number of products which all have one or more of the custom fields Power:, Size:, Materials:. These are not selectable options, merely fields that give additional information so are set up as strings. On all of these the Cart Attribute and Cart Input fields are set to no, yet whenever one of these fields contain any information the product category view of the product says has a 'Select Option' button rather than an 'Add to Cart' button. However, if i then click the select option button, the product details page shows an 'Add to Cart' button, as the a product does not have any selectable options. I'm using VM 3.0.9 and Joomla 3.4.5. Im guessing this must be a configuration error, but for the life of my i cannot figure out what so any suggestion would be most appreciated.

Best Regards
Donna

AH

My first suggestion is to update to the latest version of VM as the version you have is not secure

Then test again
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

SoTrue

Thank you for your reply. I have updated to VM 3.0.11.4. I cannot update any further at present due to template issues. I have recreated the custom fields as per my original post and imported my products again with CSVI Pro, however the add to cart button in the category view still says Select Option? Could i be using the incorrect field type? All i want is a field which states the relative information Size, Power, Material where applicable for each product. These should not be options, just information? I have attached some screenshots. These fields are set up as 'String'.

Thank you in advance
Donna

AH

Try using a default template protostar or beez to see if it is the template causing this issue.

These fields are just information and therefore should not be set to be a cart attribute or cart input

If you see that the customfield is configured correctly in VM in the backend, then it might be a commercial template problem
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

SoTrue

I have completed a fresh install and set up a test product with the same custom fields and it displays as expected, so i will refer to the template creator. Thank you for your assistance.

Best Regards
Donna

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

SoTrue

As an update, i am still not getting anywhere with this. The template developer has not been very helpful, and does not seem to understand what i am saying with regards to the Select Option button showing when there are non-cart attributes. Hence, is there anywhere or anybody that may be able to give me some guidance to find out why this is happening? I have set up an example product here: https://www.ladyloving.co.uk/virtuemart-categories/search?keyword=test%20product&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&search=true&view=category&limitstart=0

Thank you once again for all your support.

Best Regards
Donna

SoTrue

OK....now i am getting somewhere, i have narrowed the problem down to when i change the layout position of the custom field. If this is set to 'addtocart' the 'Select Options' button is displayed, if i leave the layout position blank, the custom fields show up under specifications and the 'Add to Cart' button shows correctly in category view. Does anyone know how i can debug this?

Thank you in advance.
Best Regards
Donna

GJC Web Design

this is wrong behaviour.. you can use different positions e.g. normal, ontop etc but even if addtocart and it is just a string etc it shouldn't effect the add to cart process

have you tried using the standard add to cart sublayouts to replace your templates over riding ones?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation