News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Terms of Service: make it obligatory

Started by Squall, November 24, 2015, 12:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squall

hi,
I have a problem with "terms of service":  I would that the click on the box is required, but now is optional

jenkinhill

As you provide so little information I will guess that you are now using VirtueMart3.0.12 and have not looked through all the configuration options.

Firstly under Shopper Fields ensure that both agreed and tos fields are set to required, are published and set to show in the cart.

Next in Configuration/Cechout, if tos is required for evey order the set "Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER" to on.

Lastly if you are not using the VM default templates,  that your template overrides are correctly coded for tos.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Squall

hi,
thanks for your reply!

I use VirtueMart 3.0.12 (default template).

I have done all you suggested but the TOS is not obligatory .. :(
Any ideas?

thank you very much

jenkinhill

On the 3 J3.4.5/VM3.0.12 sites I just tested every time I get

Notice
Please accept the Terms of Service to proceed
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Squall

Jumbo!

Go to "Shopper Fields" section in VirtueMart back-end. Now make sure that the fields called "tos" and "agreed" are marked as required. That should resolve the issue.

Milbo

You only need to set the TOS on required. "Agreed" is for registration on the page.

So most stores dont need the agreed anylonger. It is there for legacy and legal issues. When you have a pure shop, you dont need it, if you offer also other services on your page, you may use it for registration of nonshoppers.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Squall

Hi,
please, look my settings.
I did everything you said, but I still have the issue.

regards
R

Jumbo!

Then your Joomla Template is probably overriding the original VirtueMart layouts which can cause such issues. If you are using a 3rd party Joomla template then please contact the template developer.

Squall

sorry, I used the default template of virtuemart. No thirty part template.

regards
R

Jumbo!

jenkinhill

JavaScript error on checkout page:

ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
...om:a}};document.formvalidator=null,jQuery(function(){document.formvalidator=new ...

Maybe related to your Joomspirit template code. Test with Protostar to check this.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Squall

thanks for your answer jenkinhill.
How can I switch off the loading of the virtuemart jQuery library?
I have  installed the easy jquery plugin but I have the same issue. :(