News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No Price on the Frontend

Started by stargazer1682, November 24, 2015, 01:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargazer1682

I'm build a Virtuemart 3 upgrade of an online store, and I cannot get the prices to show up on the frontend.  I've gone through countless posts on this topic, and even planned to reply to at least one of those posts, but given the auto-prompt recommendation to post a new thread, because of the age since the last activity of said thread, here we are....

I have created a vendor, set the currency, configured the shopper groups to "show prices".  I have tried several alternative, default templates to see if the template we're using is interfering with the option.  I have tried being logged in and logged out on the frontend.  I have set a store owner using the user ID, and subsequently re-congifuged the vendor and shopper information based on that account, since the store owner is not me.  I have even gone into one product and changed the price, since with the upgrade we will be updating the product prices to include shipping costs, in lieu of a flat rate shipping module for Virtuemart 3.  What am I missing?

The upgrade site can be found here: http://simuride.com/jupgrade/our-store

And this is the product page of the product I tried modifying the price for, but still to no effect: http://simuride.com/jupgrade/our-store/alcohol-goggles-bac-of-0-04-0-06-detail

GJC Web Design

The price html is there so it isn't a template issue

can only be shopper group stuff

set all SG settings back to default .. i.e.

no settings (unchecked) for
Enable shoppergroup specific price display

and nothing set in the price SG -> i.e available for all

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

stargazer1682

When looking for the options you suggested to change, I tried changing the shopper group set for one of the products; it was set to default, so I changed it to Available to All, as was suggested, and just that change made the price visible. 

Thanks

Now I need to research how to use the shopper groups to define different prices based on location; to reflect shipping cost increased for overseas orders...

Hammerhead

Quote from: GJC Web Design on November 24, 2015, 12:02:36 PM
The price html is there so it isn't a template issue

can only be shopper group stuff

set all SG settings back to default .. i.e.

no settings (unchecked) for
Enable shoppergroup specific price display

and nothing set in the price SG -> i.e available for all

I'm having this same problem also.  I have already reset VM and deleted the data to start new.

No price on the back end
No price on the front end
No categories created
No vendors created
Settings as you indicate
Base price entered based on ????

I just don't understand what's happening here.  I've used VM before.  One store displays just fine though it was installed almost two years ago and updated a few times.  This instance of VM just doesn't want to play nice.  It can't be the template (from RS Joomla), because the one in question was used successfully for another store and it worked just fine.

I'd be grateful for some help.  Nothing seems to work and it's making me crazy.

Just wanted to update this for others who are having a similar problem.

You MUST add yourself to the store and complete the configuration info in Shop->shop->shopper information

I neglected to do that at first setup because this is a new business and we didn't yet decide which address we were going to use.  Thought this might help others who are having trouble.

Carry on.