News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Avoid 301-redirect for callback page (payment)?

Started by Jens Kirk, November 23, 2015, 16:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens Kirk

Hi :-)

Using SEF on a multi-language site is great for the visitor but it is not great when a payment provider calls a callback page for VirtueMart and does not follow the 301-direct suggestion that Joomla gives.

When a calling payment provider does not follow a 301-redirect suggestion it just stops and the order is not set to "Paid" in VirtueMart. I can give the payment provider a URL that does not need redirecting but I have not had success until now due to other things.

It is not even necessary that a callback-page does anything other than just running some PHP and therefor Joomla should not suggest a 301 redirect URL.

I have tried disabling it by letting the payment provider call an URL with that ends with "&format=raw". It does not display that layout but Joomla is still suggesting that the caller follows to the language specific page (where the callback do not reach VirtueMart).

How can I avoid that Joomla make a 301 redirect suggestion for a specific page / URL? The callback page just needs to run and that is it :-) No layout and no 301-redirect suggestion.

Does anyone know how to do this? :-)

Thank you :-)

Milbo

I know your problem. I added it some days ago to the manual http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/214-multilanguage-and-multlingual.html

"It is important to create always a menuitem for "all" languages as fallback. It is suggested to install and configure the page first as single language page. It is easier to add a language later, then to start directly with more than one language. There are also two settings which should be checked, according to the use case.

The joomla plugin "System - Language Filter" has an option to automatically change the language of a user who just logged in, when a menuitem is not set  for any language, the customer may be redirected to home. To prevent this, disable the feature "Automatic Language Change". Furthermore to prevent errors with payment plugins, the feature "Remove URL Language Code" should be enabled."
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member