News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Is there a limit to the number of custom fields I can add to a product?

Started by ntm91307, November 09, 2015, 18:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntm91307

I have a gift basket product that consists of 2 bottles of wine and a 6 piece box of fudge.  The customer gets to select from 12 different wines and 15 different flavors of fudge.  I created 2 custom fields for the wine (Bottle 1 and Bottle 2) with 12 choices each.  I've also created 6 custom fields, 1 for each piece of fudge in the box, and assigned the 15 different flavors to each of them.  When I try to add all of these to the basket product I get the two bottles and 5 of the 6 fudge selections entered.  I can only enter and save 3 of the flavors for the 6th fudge selection.  Attempting to save a 4th flavor takes me out of the Product altogether and drops my at the VirtueMart Control Panel.

By my count I need 114 custom field entries on my product and I think I've hit a limit of 100.  Is that correct?  If so, would it be possible to increase this limit a bit?

Thank you very much for your time.
Thank you very much...
Michael

jenkinhill

Not seen this problem, but first check your server resources - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=126888

Current latest VM version is 3.0.11.4
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ntm91307

Thank you for your reply.  I solved my problem by rethinking my approach.  Instead of the same Custom Field 6 times to get potentially six different choices I put it up one time and made Mixed an option and let the user tell me in Special Instructions what that mix should be.  Turns out to look MUCH cleaner....and easier too...:)

Thanks again....
Thank you very much...
Michael