News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Users should fill in all fields on registration - how to achieve this?

Started by JestaBlunt, November 04, 2015, 16:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JestaBlunt

hello,

when a user is not logged in on checkout, he just gets the plain joomla registration with Name, Username, Passwort, repeat password and the e-mail fields. my customer wants them to fill in all fields, which are required for virtuemart user. how can i achieve that?

also, it should lead there on the login form, when clicking the no registered link. i can change the link with an override to show the vm-user-fields, but on clicking apply its jumping to the joomla registration form again.

the problem is, there are some "customers" which are just filling out the joomla registration form, but never add the rest of their information, so they should be forced to fill it in when registrating.

thx and peace,
jesta

Joomla: 3.4.5
VM: 3.0.10

GJC Web Design

Quotewhen a user is not logged in on checkout, he just gets the plain joomla registration with Name, Username, Passwort, repeat password and the e-mail fields.

then something is wrong with your install!

you must have a menu to the cart or My Account etc restricted to registered

you don't need a login form module.. if u do remove the registration link
all registration is handled in the checkout

try the VM demo to see how it works
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

JestaBlunt

i have it now, i had a menu to the account details with registered only...now its public and its working again...also, i overrided the login forms registration link with the account link, now its working there too...thx