Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Manufacturer Details and Products...

Started by Seoirserob, November 03, 2015, 18:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seoirserob

Joomla 3.4.5
VM 3.0.10

I have searched and searched . . . . and searched. In this forum and in search engines.

Does anyone have any advice on how to go about displaying a VM manufacturer description with a list of the manufacturer's products on the same page?

All I can find here are solutions that don't apply to VM 3, or other posts asking for the same solution, where the advice is to search the forum.

Can someone prove me wrong, and point me to the post I'm supposed to be able to find?

I tried this one: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102062.0
(am I wrong in thinking this is outdated now?)

Thanks in advance.

z-analysts

I don't know of a way using VM options however I use the VM Product Wall from joomlaxtc.com and created my own manufacturer's page. Check out solfairtrade.com and click on Artisans.

Seoirserob

Thank you z-analysts,

That's something at least, and may prove to be a workaround.

The original question stands though. As a use case, for an administrator with limited access, and limited knowledge, the extension above requires the use of the module manager, which is 'not-the-end-of-the-world', but in keeping with a personal preference to minimise the steps involved, I'd like to be able to achieve the result at template/override level, allowing an administrator to simply create a menu item to a manufacturer's details page, and have the manufacturers products displayed there also.

To use a module means for each new manufacturer the administrator must also set that up each time, just extra steps I'd like to cut out.

Maybe it's not important to others, but fewer clicks matter to me, and I have seen other posts on the same topic, even solutions for earlier versions of VM.

Am I flogging a dead horse?