News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Shipping and Registration

Started by hartleyheaton, September 07, 2012, 12:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartleyheaton

Good Morning

Can anyone help with the configuration of the shipping. I have a site where we want to have a charge for one item and an additional amount for a subsequent item on the same order EG if one item is ordered then we would charge £1.95 and then add £0.50 for each additional item ordered (books). This is controlled by country that is divided into three sectors - UK, Europe and Worldwide.

I have created the basic charge but can't find how to do an increase dependant on the quantity ordered.

When going through checkout if I haven't entered a billing address then there are no shipping costs shown yet there is no warning or message to say that the address should be entered it just goes to a shipment selection page without any info. Is there any way of correcting this?

We do not want to use site registrations and have the 'Allow User Registration' set to 'No' in Joomla yet VirtueMart heads the checkout page with 'Your Account Details'. Obviously if we are not allowing registration then nobody will have 'Login Details' other than the admin. Is there any way of removing this as all it does is cause confusion.

John2400

http://extensions.virtuemart.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/quantity-related-price-calculation-detail

all the other options - are standard in VM2 - If you don't want registration then just turn it off. The customer must add some contact info - so you have to leave this and shipping /postage are needed to send the item to the customer. Zip code is needed for weight calculations.

The warning - if they don't add an address then they can't buy? I think this is obvious for a customer but you can add words above - maybe change the "Bill to" wording to "you must enter an address first- do this by : http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/languge-manager/

* the other options of turning off registration are in Joomla and VM config. there are settings for the front page in Joomla (users) and in VM in configuration.

* maybe try and keep one question to a post - helps posters. hope that helps someway.

hartleyheaton

Thanks for your reply, I was hoping that the shipping would be available within VM. Will look at the plugin.

I have registration turned off in Joomla but can't find the equivalent in VM. The only thing within Configuration that I can find are two items:

• On checkout, ask for registration
  • Only registered users can checkout
I have not checked either of these. but at the top of the CheckOut page it offers a login (no registration option though). Under this there is the address option.

John2400

Shipping ? shipping is available in VM2 - you have to set it?

to turn off registration request look at image .

then they can't register - but they can buy - you must have the bill to address set up other wise Virtuemart will not work? they must be able to fill in something.

I am talking about version 2.0.10

[attachment cleanup by admin]

rdharma

Here is a work around solution that will allow you to offer a flat rate shipping charge for the first item plus a fixed cost for each additional item. This solution allows you to create different pricing rules for individual carriers. Different pricing rules by shipping method. Different pricing rules for specific locations. It can used to create simple flat rate policies. And it can be used to offer free shipping to specific locations.
#################################
I hope that this solution is of some use to you.
David

Mod Edit:  The content of this message has been deleted as it did not apply to current versions of VirtueMart, but to VM1.1 which is no longer supported.