News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Styling base price

Started by MvD010, November 02, 2015, 19:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MvD010

Hello I am new on this forum and using Virtuemart. I am trying to style the basic price on my products. I used the custom.css file to overwrite the basic price but it also styles the name, I only want the price in a bigger size and other color. I want this in the product list as in the one product view. Can anybody give me the right code for this changing? I used:

.PricebasePrice {
font-size: 18px;
font-weight: bold;
color: #f90000;

}

jenkinhill

Use Firebug to look at the code (this is in VM3.0.11.4 using default template):
<div class="PricebasePrice vm-display vm-price-value">
<span class="vm-price-desc">Base price: </span>
<span class="PricebasePrice">500,00 €</span>
</div>

So I would expect this to work:
span.PricebasePrice {
        font-size: 18px;
        font:weight: bold;
   color: #f90000;   
}

You may need to add !important to each style.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MvD010

Wow that really worked, I am very new so thats why maybe I asked this question. Can I ask you more?

MvD010

I have a question about adding more than one picture for a product to show. Is that possible in VM 3 without using a extra paying extension?

jenkinhill

Upload as many as you want on the Product Images tab (within reason). That's why it is plural - Images

Tha software & template does the rest.

There is also an option "Open additional images in the main position" in Configuration/Templates/Media Files Settings

http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/products-menu/edit-product.html#product-images
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MvD010

And last question for now, do you know if it's also possible to change the price color and size on the product page, where you see all the products in the category?

MvD010

Sorry I forgot to add !important and now it's done!!! My mistake

jenkinhill

Your customs question has been moved to the right section. Please do not add unrelated items to existing threads.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

fulopkrisztina

This .span... code go to the vm-ltr.site.css, in which line?

I want change Price Size on the front page in category view and also on product page ..
(virtuemart 3 / joomla 3)

GJC Web Design

css rules works in ANY file .. preferably put it in the last css to load

if you change a core css file it will be reverted back on your first update

Cascading Style Sheets - clues in the name

other wise add !important and will over ride always
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation