News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Migrating to another directory went wrong...

Started by garikello, October 25, 2015, 02:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garikello

Hi,

What I have done going from Joomla 1.5.9 to Joomla 3.41 with VM:
1) Created new website J3 and with VM 3 on with new.domain.lv site
2) Used VM migrator to get there all the VM data I need
3) Tuned the template

So, I have fully functioning website on new.site.lv domain. I am having problems migrating it to www.site.lv.

I imagined that Akkeba backup can help me with that.
I made a backup. Using Kickstart.php brought it to the www site.

Website is working on front-end (perhaps not 100%, I haven't checked everything) , but at the backend I see that VM have gone wrong.

VM doesn't allow to save new product completely, meaning I can save product, but the price is gone.
Also, I noticed that tabson product editing page are gone. All settings ar layed on one long page.
Some of the plugins caņ't be saved with settings. Save/close buttons are dead.

This is second time I am trying Akeeba backup and kickstart. The results this time are better. Previous time (I think VM was v3.06 or something) was worse. VM didn't let me save product at all.

I tried to check the htaccess file, at the end I have it with deafult settings. Nothing changed.

Is there easier way to migrate site from new.site.lv domain to www domain??

Any hints and ideas are welcome.

Update: So, I tried the easiest way, once more, which is described here: https://docs.joomla.org/Moving_the_site_among_directories/sub-directories
Result is the same as it was using Akeeba backup.  :-\

Studio 42

I think you have a Javascript problem.
Or perhaps you use a subfolder for your test and some files are not found ?

garikello

Quote from: Studio 42 on October 26, 2015, 02:27:55 AM
I think you have a Javascript problem.

Hmm, no idea how this could happen. What indicators should I look for to see if that is the case?

Quote from: Studio 42 on October 26, 2015, 02:27:55 AMOr perhaps you use a subfolder for your test and some files are not found ?

Well, I don't think so. The only missing files I see is that Virtuemart is yelling for - picture for category, which is not there after migrating. Even after uploading a new picture for that category, error doesn 't go away. Somewhere VM asks for old thumbnail and the old size (on old page thumbnails were 90x90, n new one - 150x150).

I don't think that this is it though

Studio 42

I think you have a Javascript problem. because :
Quote from: garikello on October 25, 2015, 02:47:43 AM
VM doesn't allow to save new product completely, meaning I can save product, but the price is gone.
Also, I noticed that tabson product editing page are gone. All settings ar layed on one long page.
Some of the plugins caņ't be saved with settings. Save/close buttons are dead.
Check your javascript console

PRO

garikello

Quote from: PRO on October 26, 2015, 16:56:47 PM
did your user ID stay the same?

I am not sure, I need to check.

BUT, I was working on rebuilding from scratch the website on the needed domain. After migrating users from old website with VM migrator, the admin user info or the info's structure was damaged, and I couldn't save any article with custom html code. All html code was trimmed and gone after saving. I started to look for the problem and saw that admin user is using other usrs credentials... I checked the admin user in database, but I didn't anything wrong there. Well, I switched to other super admin user and everything worked fine....

Are you suggesting that admin user data was corrupted after migrating website? I am not sure if this could be the problem when I am migrating new website to other directory, but I will check on this later.

garikello

Quote from: PRO on October 26, 2015, 16:56:47 PM
did your user ID stay the same?

Wow.
I found with first migrating project (new webpage to another directory, using Akeeba backup) that admin user id stayed the same, but I tried the other trick - I logged in as another super user.. And, problems with product saving are gone...
Now only problem I found is I can't delete orders. I get internal server error 500 for that:
"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error - http://www.lynxgear.lv/administrator/index.php?option=com_vminvoice3&controller=invoices&type=invoices"

The original website doesn't have any problems regarding that. So I assume the problem isn't solved just with user settings or wrong migration, but still is connected with that.

Any ideas what to look for?

driver_wedge

You are using VM Invoice extension - right? Perhaps contact Artio about the error. The problem appears to be with it.

garikello

Quote from: driver_wedge on October 27, 2015, 01:57:00 AM
You are using VM Invoice extension - right? Perhaps contact Artio about the error. The problem appears to be with it.

Well, I deleted the VM Invoice, the problem stays there. I have internal error 500...

Where can I see any info on that? never needed to look for it...

PRO

Quote from: garikello on October 29, 2015, 00:32:48 AM

Well, I deleted the VM Invoice, the problem stays there. I have internal error 500...

on invoice creation?

whats your invoice folder set to? in vmconfig?

also, check your General Assets URL  in vmconfig

PRO

& going from directory, to directory

I have dragged the site over to new directory with FTP before.
Then, I just re-create htaccess if I need to

garikello

Quote from: PRO on October 29, 2015, 21:09:35 PM
Quote from: garikello on October 29, 2015, 00:32:48 AM

on invoice creation?

whats your invoice folder set to? in vmconfig?

also, check your General Assets URL  in vmconfig

No, the problem is just with order deletion.

Urls are set and fine.

garikello

Quote from: PRO on October 29, 2015, 21:10:44 PM
& going from directory, to directory

I have dragged the site over to new directory with FTP before.
Then, I just re-create htaccess if I need to

Ok, how do you recreate htaccess?

GJC Web Design

normally in cPanel hosting .htaccess etc files are not transferred on a 'move'.. I assume this is what Pro means

so just copy the old one
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

garikello

Quote from: GJC Web Design on October 29, 2015, 23:13:35 PM
normally in cPanel hosting .htaccess etc files are not transferred on a 'move'.. I assume this is what Pro means

so just copy the old one

The old copy from where?
After migrating the site either with Akeeba or just renaming the folder, htaccess file stays the same. Except, the edit regarding the folder change, of course, but in my case, I din't have anything to adjust there.
So no Idea if htaccess file really influences the problem processes I have described above...

Any other ideas?

Thanks