Problems with the Password 2 in Virtuemart

Started by Valver, October 20, 2015, 15:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valver

Hi everyone!

Joomla! 2.5.2
VM 2.0.1
MySQL 5.5.3

I'm working in a new web site for my bussines, and in the last time I had so much problem when one user try to buy in Virtuemart. The only problem is when one user is login and select one product (all the users most confirmate the buy with his password), he cant buy because in the front page saw a message like too "The username and password do not match or you do not already have an account." This message is possible to see for every user in my website :(

Searching in the web, I found many forums and pappers with the same problem. For other part, I was looking in my BD and document in php and i think the problem is comming from this rute: components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php

And other cuestion! I was looking Virtuemart Documentation, and i saw my folders and I havent the forder "tables" in this rute: administrator/components/com_virtuemart/tables/orders.php
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/tables/categories.php
I will have problems in the future for this?

Sorry for my english, I'm from Chile and is not my best quality write in english.

Regards.
Valver.

Valver

Maybe the problem comming from the codification of the password. In the front end all the user can login with his password, but the password2 of Virtuemart is the problem...

Somebody knows about this?

lindapowers

Who knows the amount of bugs and issues a test version from 2012 could arise... please update, I doubt someone helps you in an outdated version.

jenkinhill

Quote from: lindapowers on October 20, 2015, 16:02:39 PM

Who knows the amount of bugs and issues a test version from 2012 could arise... please update, I doubt someone helps you in an outdated version.

Some people don't care about site security. Maybe the site has already been hacked.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Valver

I know!!!

And I do that, but when I update Joomla and VM was the most terrible mistake! I never can do my website works with the last version, I don't know why... with Joomla 2.5.2 y VM 2.0.1 the website "works".

Please, if someone had this problem in the pass can you give me one advice.

Valver

PD: Is not hacked...yet.

Milbo

Disable your layout overrides, after you do an update.

Update to j2.5.28 and vm2.6.28
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Valver

Quote from: Milbo on October 20, 2015, 18:18:16 PM
Disable your layout overrides, after you do an update.

Update to j2.5.28 and vm2.6.28

Hi Milbo

Why vm2.6.28?

Thanks for your answer!

jjk

VM 2.6.28 looks like a typo. I'm sure Milbo meant VM 2.6.20, which currently is the latest version in the VM 2.x series. Reason is that versions older than Joomla 2.5.28 and VM 2.6.20 have security leaks. (My old VM 2.0.xx shop had been hacked at least twice and it's a lot of work to clean up hacked sites). Another reason is that updating directly to VM 3.0.11 from such an old version might cause a number of problems, depending on your shop configuration.

However, test updates on a copy of your website first and create a backup before any update.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Valver

Quote from: jjk on October 21, 2015, 23:45:09 PM
VM 2.6.28 looks like a typo. I'm sure Milbo meant VM 2.6.20, which currently is the latest version in the VM 2.x series. Reason is that versions older than Joomla 2.5.28 and VM 2.6.20 have security leaks.

Ok, I understand that.

Well, finally I found the problem but not the solution :(

The last version of Joomla was 2.5.18 and the last update was for 2.5.28. When the person who made my website (I think), choose that version of joomla (2.5.18) because the MD5 encrypt in that time it worked well. With the update, the website missed that decrypt, and my users can't make a order because the site isn't reeding the pass.

One advice?

When this is ok, I will update all, I sure!

GJC Web Design

QuoteThe last version of Joomla was 2.5.18 and the last update was for 2.5.28. When the person who made my website (I think), choose that version of joomla (2.5.18) because the MD5 encrypt in that time it worked well. With the update, the website missed that decrypt, and my users can't make a order because the site isn't reeding the pass.

this sounds complete rubbish .. I have many many clients sites running on J2.5.28/VM2.6.20 without problems -- and over time all previous versions
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Valver

Rubbish or not, I solve the problem.

Regards.