News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Why Confirmed orders changing to cancelled automatically

Started by sujit, October 08, 2015, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sujit

Hello,

Why Confirmed orders changing immediately confirmed to Cancelled (Payment cancelled by the shopper) .   

Thanks in advance !

Sujit

AH

You really need to post more information if anyone is to even consider being able to help you!

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799.0
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

fastpat27

Hi
I too have just recently got a few reports from 2 clients on this. Apparently the Customer was trying to type in Credit Card details when the transaction was just cancelled in front of him, it didn't let him even confirm the order. Where do we start with this, not that great at finding error reports or even knowing what they mean yet?

Other orders that had been confirmed also just seemed to cancel themselves in the backend.

1st site is VM 2.6.18 Joomla 2.5.28

2nd site is VM 3.0.10 Joomla 3.4.4

Using the Realex Payment Plugin.

Thanks
FP

GJC Web Design

In theory the only way to cancel already existing orders is via another call to the plugin routine ....

I have found this problem on two payment plugins where the return api call has been "harvested" by Google and retried on a later date
both plugins had no check to see what the current status was before re-running the process .. in both these cases the orders were being set back to Pending even up to days later.

It is more a plugin problem as the current status should be checked before proceeding to see if there is a logic to what is happening

To see if this is happening search your access logs around the time when the cancelled occurred

search for strings like pluginresponsereceived  and see if the dates/time match or just try them and see what happens

I found entries like

xx.14.xxx.66 - - [24/Sep/2015:06:14:33 +1000] "GET /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginresponsereceived&on=ccxxxx994&pm=3&Itemid=25&lang=&tx=0EP65xxxx876501&st=Completed&amt=60.00&cc=AUD&cm=5cf3b1c104c4cxxxxxxx5cceda1b&item_number= HTTP/1.1" 200 31292 "-" "AdsBot-Google (+http://www.google.com/adsbot.html)"

also in another case the user was retrying return urls at a later date and resetting orders

e.g.

xxx.xx2.243.1xx - - [18/Nov/2014:11:16:28 +0200] "GET /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginresponsereceived&on=A1xxxx24&pm=4&Itemid= HTTP/1.1" 200 7087 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B411 Safari/600.1.4"

the two payments concerned were Heidelpay and Eway Australia  -- both hopefully now fixed
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

fastpat27

Quote from: GJC Web Design on October 08, 2015, 21:15:19 PM
In theory the only way to cancel already existing orders is via another call to the plugin routine ....

I have found this problem on two payment plugins where the return api call has been "harvested" by Google and retried on a later date
both plugins had no check to see what the current status was before re-running the process .. in both these cases the orders were being set back to Pending even up to days later.

It is more a plugin problem as the current status should be checked before proceeding to see if there is a logic to what is happening

To see if this is happening search your access logs around the time when the cancelled occurred

search for strings like pluginresponsereceived  and see if the dates/time match or just try them and see what happens

I found entries like

xx.14.xxx.66 - - [24/Sep/2015:06:14:33 +1000] "GET /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginresponsereceived&on=ccxxxx994&pm=3&Itemid=25&lang=&tx=0EP65xxxx876501&st=Completed&amt=60.00&cc=AUD&cm=5cf3b1c104c4cxxxxxxx5cceda1b&item_number= HTTP/1.1" 200 31292 "-" "AdsBot-Google (+http://www.google.com/adsbot.html)"

also in another case the user was retrying return urls at a later date and resetting orders

e.g.

xxx.xx2.243.1xx - - [18/Nov/2014:11:16:28 +0200] "GET /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginresponsereceived&on=A1xxxx24&pm=4&Itemid= HTTP/1.1" 200 7087 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B411 Safari/600.1.4"

the two payments concerned were Heidelpay and Eway Australia  -- both hopefully now fixed

Thanks for the reply GJC. I was thinking it's probably the payment plugin, I'll try contacting the developer for it and see if they can shed some light on it again, it has caused a few issues previously although not like this. Not much good on finding or even understanding error reports usually but maybe the developer of the plugin can.

Thanks
FP