News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Change Shopper Information in Shop

Started by teverz, October 06, 2015, 22:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teverz

VM 3.0.10 Joomla 3.4.4

I am the super user but I built the site for someone else to use and I don't want them to have super access. Right now the Shopper Info under the Shop is set to my super user. I have tried changing that info but it keeps overwriting my user as the super user. The people have an email address they want it sent to which is not mine. I want all "call for Price" and "Ask Question" emails to be sent to theirs  .... How can I change that email address without giving them superadmin rights?

teverz

I changed it in phpMyAdmin >virtuemart_vmusers > Changed virtuemart_user_id to match the user I wanted and made sure virtuemart_vender_id was set to 1

Milbo

http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/tools-menu/70-tools-migration.html

WRITE HERE THE NEW STOREOWNER ID

Set here the new storeowner id, when you execute "Set store owner"

Should do the same job, within a singlevendor store, just for next time
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

teverz

It didn't do it ... theonly thing that worked was phpMyAdmin

Agaton

Def did not work, direct database change is the only option it seems

mfarooqi

:) this worked for me.. Thank you..

Here is the method if somebody else facing this issue.

1. goto Virtuemart  -> Order & Shopper -> Shoppers
2. From the filter, find the person you want to make Shop Owner.
3. In the last column "ID", copy this selected shopper's ID.
4. Now goto Tool (the bottom one in the left tabs list)-> Tools & Migration
5. in the 2nd Tab "Migration"
6. in the bottom of this page. Paste the shopper's ID what was copied before. in "Write here the new store owner id   "
7. Hit "Set the store Owener"

Here you go.
  ;)

To verify, goto  Shop -> Shopper Information

Thank you

geoffr

Thanks, but this didn't work for me. 

As such, what tables require editing?

Geoff

Milbo

Are you sure that your version is up to date? Check the dates of the posts, the ones saying that it does not work are from 2015, the post saying it does work is from 2017
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Hawker

Thanks for the useful step-by-step instructions geoffr, however, using VM v.3.2.12.9708, in:

Tool>Tools & Migration

...3rd (sic) tab 'Migration', there is no field at the bottom of the page to paste shopper's ID.

...the bottom field there is:

'Default category product layout (flypage) without .php'

The really confusing thing (in VM terminology) is that the term 'SHOPPER' seems to be being used to describe a Vendor /Store owner.

A 'Shopper' (by definition) is someone who shops at a shop. The verb 'to shop' means to 'buy'. Vendors tend not to buy from their own shops. They sell!  :-\
VM v. 3.4.2
Joomla v. 3.9.5
PHP v. 7.2.1

Jörgen

There is actually no special difference between a shopper and a vendor/shop owner. A vendor is still a shopper/member/user registered as a Vendor. He get´s of course other priviligies and rights in the shop, but he is still a shopper/member/user of the site. When becomes your shopper the title shopper? When registerering, when browsing your site, when putting something in the cart or when buying the first item. If the shopper gets to be a shopper when he buys the first item, what shall we call a shopper before that ? A shopper who doesn´t shop, is that a noshopper ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Quote from: Hawker on January 17, 2018, 12:18:41 PM
Tool>Tools & Migration

...3rd (sic) tab 'Migration', there is no field at the bottom of the page to paste shopper's ID.

That was an earlier version. Vendor ID can now be set on the first tools tab, just above the warning message.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum