News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Update issues from 2.0.24 to 3.0.10

Started by Dick Siemer, October 02, 2015, 18:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Siemer

Hi all!

I'm trying to update a website we did not build (oh joyous day) and I'm running into several issues that are quite difficult for me to fix, as I've never worked with Joomla before :-\  I'm running a dev site on a subdomain.
These are the main issues I am currently trying to fix:

• The custom field plugins that added some extra choices to products are no longer being displayed. It looks like one of the two types simply disappeared alltogether and the other is not being displayed... Old situation in CMS and in the site / New situation in CMS and in the site
  • "Just viewed" only appears to work for one product ???
  • There's a bunch of other errors, like all categories displaying the same products, a "Check license" message preventing me from updating "yag_blueberry_etheme" and "Yagendoo Virtuemart Top Products" + an error with a weird typo when I try to update the "yagendooproductmanager" (Error: A requried parameter is missing), but I think those are just a result of shoddy programming by the original developer and outdated licenses.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

GJC Web Design

First try your new site on the standard Protostar template

I doubt highly an "over written" Yag template from 2.0.x will ever work on VM3

custom fields depends what they are

if they used the plugin stockable I think your buggered.. although there is a branch of that I think for VM3

otherwise use the "Tools" section to try and update the custom fields
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Dick Siemer

Thank you for your answer, it did help me in the right direction! Both plugins were stockable and they don't work anymore. But since this option was being dropped from the site anyway that's not really a problem. I managed to get many other things working again, but somewhere along something big broke...

The pages 'My account', 'My orders' and 'Cart' don't work anymore. The last one only outputs a blank page, the first two just generate a little bit of code, like this:

<div id="yagVmOverWrap">
<div id="yagEcWrapOrdersList">
<div class="vm-wrap">
<div class="vm-orders-list">
<h1>Overview orders VirtueMart</h1>

<div id="yagEcWrapUserLogin">
<!-- Login Form -->

Any clue why this is happening or what I can do to find out what is wrong?
It appears I don't have the Protostar template, I will try to manually add this later.

jenkinhill

It appears I don't have the Protostar template,

Are you still using Joomla 2.5? If so you wont have Protostar, which is a J3 template. In that case test with Beez20

For blank page resolution see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121692.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Dick Siemer

Thank you for your help so far, I get a little closer to understanding what is going on every day :)
There was nothing in the servers error log, but I set Error Reporting to maximum and this gave me the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method shopFunctionsF::getComUserOption() in /***/components/com_yagendooproductmanager/themes/yag_blueberry_etheme/assets/yagIncludes/com_virtuemart/user/login.php on line 20

I solved this by renaming the specified login file to _login.php, which makes Virtuemart use the default file instead. What confuses me is that I cannot find this default file anywhere, even though I searched through all the sites files for id's from the code generated by this particular file  :-\

But that's only one of the dozens of errors that popped up after I enabled Error Reporting, so yeah... We're going to do some more tests to see if the shop itself at least works and then talk to the client about what we are going to do next. Trying to make a Vm2 theme work with Vm3 without any real Joomla skills is a bit of a challenge ;)

jenkinhill

You may get better results by just discarding Yag's VM overrides, but unlike other template developers, they do not make it easy.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

Agree with Jenks .. either dump it or shell out for their VM3 version (to lock u into their product again..  ;)  )

IMHO a huge amount of what they over ride is totally un-necessary -- often the same or extremely similar code  with renamed func names etc

esp as VM3 is vastly more capable than VM2 so many of their knobs and bells aren't needed
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation