News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

'Basket Empty' Error - Google Chrome

Started by favdes, September 30, 2015, 14:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

favdes

Hello everyone,

We're having a strange problem with our web site.

When we go to add a product to the basket, we are redirected to a page saying 'Basket Empty'.

I've just tested the site in Google Chrome and we get the error. Without any changes, I tested the site in Firefox and it worked - i.e. the product was added to the basket and I was able to proceed to checkout.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea how I can solve it?

The web site is: www.matsnationwide.co.uk

Many thanks

James

Joomla: 3.4.3
VM: 3.0.8

jenkinhill

I just added to cart in Firefox, Chrome and Edge with no issues (although some errors show up on Firebug). You should consider updating VM to 3.0.10 and J! to 3.4.4
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

favdes

Hi Jenkinhill,

I've just upgraded Joomla and VM but still getting the same issue in Google I'm afraid.

Any other ideas?

It's a real pain this one!

Kind regards

James

GJC Web Design

As with Jenks.. just added a product off your FP featured in Chrome and it appears in the cart page

tried also from the prod page -- colour and size, quan 2  - all OK -- I see no problem

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

favdes

Hi guys,

Thank you all for trying. It's definitely a weird one and hopefully a one off with that particular user.

I'll keep monitoring it and shout if it happens again.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your time.

Kind regards

James

favdes

Hi guys,

Back again I'm afraid.

We had another customer today have the same problem. When they click on the 'Add to basket' / 'Add to cart' button, they are taken to the shopping basket but the basket is empty.

Apparently the customer was completely new to the site, they'd never visited it before. Luckily they called to make the order but I'm concerned orders may be being missed.

Does anyone have an idea of what may be causing this rare but crucial-to-fix error?

Kind regards

James

AH

I see this error in chrome

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
      jQuery('.default-currency').dropkick();
   });

BUT - I can still add to cart
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

favdes

Hi Hutson,

Thank you for taking a look. Do you think it's possible that that would be causing the issue?

Kind regards

James

AH

No idea if this would cause an issue - It did not for me during my visit

I suggest that you might want to do some more extensive localised testing

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0