News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

date field (customer field) only showing dates until 31.12.2015

Started by zeisch, September 29, 2015, 10:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenkinhill

Configuration for the date picker in the released version VM.3.2.14.9808 has configuration options for year start/range in custom field additional parameters.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Vickham

Hi!

I'm running the latest version of Virtuemart 3 and Joomla 3.8.7 and now the calendar on the Age Verification field doesn't show any dates before the present day.

Jörgen

QuoteConfiguration for the date picker in the released version VM.3.2.14.9808 has configuration options for year start/range in custom field additional parameters.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Vickham

Thanks, but that's the version I have on my site. I've updated yesterday, updated Joomla yesterday too and the date picker on the user account creation only shows dates from the present day, not before.

On the backend in Virtuemart > Customer Fields I can't see those new parameters you've mentioned

EDIT: I can see now those parameters, but that's on the custom fields for products. My issue is with the birthdate selector on the customer fields. When a customer tries to create an account this fields only shows dates from present day and ahead, not before.

aftertaf

yes, me too!
its for the birthdate.

on line 794 of administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\userfields.php file, you will see $yOffset = 0;

I just changed now to be 80;
I've tried it and it's not taking any effect.

After looking more carefully, i see on line 966 :
$maxmin = 'minDate: -0, maxDate: "+1Y",';

I just changed this to:
$maxmin = 'minDate: "-80Y", maxDate: "+1Y",';

and I get the ability to choose the year between +1 and -80 (1938-2019 at time of this post)

aftertaf

I also saw that we can activate the User profile plugin for Joomla 3.8, which gives us ability to use dateofbirth native fields from Joomla, instead of having to mess about creating a date of birth field as a Billing information field...
But i doubt that we can link up to this when using virtuemart login/registration...