News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

SEF links with AceSEF

Started by sandomatyas, September 26, 2015, 06:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandomatyas

I have to upgrade a site which uses Joomla 1.5, VM 1.1 and AceSEF extension to handle SEF urls. It's important to keep the original urls, so I installed AceSEF to the new site (J 3.4.4, VM 3.0.10, AceSEF 4.3). Everything is almost fine, I got back the old urls except few things:

• I have menu items which lead to VirtueMart categories. AceSEF puts "/page-1-10" to the end of the link. I don't need paginaton if the link points to the first page
  • I want to translate this "page" word to my native language
  • The pagion links lead to the mainpage, they don't work at all
These are good on the old site so I tried to copy all of the settings to the new one but I can't solve these.
I tried to contact to the autoher of the extension, I opened a ticket but I haven't  got any answer for days so I try to ask you guys

jjk

Quote from: sandomatyas on September 26, 2015, 06:22:45 AM
I have menu items which lead to VirtueMart categories. AceSEF puts "/page-1-10" to the end of the link. I don't need paginaton if the link points to the first page
I want to translate this "page" word to my native language
The pagion links lead to the mainpage, they don't work at all

AceSEF experts might be rare in this forum.

VirtueMart adds something like ?start=10 at the end of a category url when you click the original pagination.
The word 'page' might be added by an old language file line, which doesn't seem to be used anymore in current VM versions: COM_VIRTUEMART_SEF_PAGE="page" (Something similar might be in AceSEF).
The pagination works in current VM. Perhaps your AceSEF version needs an update.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Studio 42

Can you not use Joomla native SEF and redirections from your old URLS?