News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Order confirmation not sent to user

Started by BjornOnPole, June 03, 2015, 12:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicoco59

Quote from: rojones31 on June 18, 2015, 15:27:36 PM
@nicoco59 - Thanks for your insight.  If you don't mind me asking, what are your selections under Default Order Status to create an invoice, Default Order Status to send email to shopper and Default Order Status to send email to vendor?  When I force a cancellation of an order an email is sent to the customer.  For some reason I believe there is an issue with IPN to change the status of the order.  When the order is placed and confirmed in Paypal, VM is not being notified of the status change and it's not relayed back to VM and that's why the orders aren't being updated in the backed of VM.  Something is up with the IPN process, but I don't know how to fix it.   If there is anyone out there please help us with this process.

Thanks,
RJ

For those options:

- Default Order Status to create an invoice => Confirmed
- Default Order Status to send email to shopper => Confirmed, reimbursed, sent
- Default Order Status to send email to vendor => Everything except "on hold"

I'm still checking the problem, there are just several issues I have on my side and can explain why this doesn't work :

- By using joomla's update tool, I got those errors :

Update: Could not open update site #18 "VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_standard Update Site", URL: VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_standard Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #19 "VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_klarna Update Site", URL: VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_klarna Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #20 "VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_klarnacheckout Update Site", URL: VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_klarnacheckout Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #21 "VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_sofort Update Site", URL: VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_sofort Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #22 "VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_paypal Update Site", URL: VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_paypal Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #23 "VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_heidelpay Update Site", URL: VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_heidelpay Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #24 "VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_paybox Update Site", URL: VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_paybox Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #34 "VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_authorisenet Update Site", URL: VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_authorizenet Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #35 "VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_sofort_ideal Update Site", URL: VirtueMart plg_vmpayment_sofort_ideal Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #36 "VirtueMart plg_vmshipment_weight_countries Update Site", URL: VirtueMart3 plg_vmshipment_weight_countries Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #37 "VirtueMart plg_vmcustom_textinput Update Site", URL: VirtueMart3 plg_vmcustom_textinput Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #38 "VirtueMart plg_vmcustom_specification Update Site", URL: VirtueMart3 plg_vmcustom_specification Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #40 "VirtueMart plg_vmcalculation_avalara Update Site", URL: VirtueMart3 plg_vmcalculation_avalara Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #41 "VirtueMart plg_search_virtuemart Update Site", URL: VirtueMart3 plg_search_virtuemart Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #42 "VirtueMart MOD_VMENU Update Site", URL: VirtueMart3 MOD_VMENU Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #43 "VirtueMart mod_virtuemart_currencies Update Site", URL: VirtueMart3 mod_virtuemart_currencies Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #44 "VirtueMart mod_virtuemart_product Update Site", URL: VirtueMart3 mod_virtuemart_product Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #45 "VirtueMart mod_virtuemart_search Update Site", URL: VirtueMart3 mod_virtuemart_search Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #46 "VirtueMart mod_virtuemart_manufacturer Update Site", URL: VirtueMart3 mod_virtuemart_manufacturer Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #47 "VirtueMart mod_virtuemart_cart Update Site", URL: VirtueMart3 mod_virtuemart_cart Update Site/extension.xml

Update: Could not open update site #48 "VirtueMart mod_virtuemart_category Update Site", URL: VirtueMart3 mod_virtuemart_category Update Site/extension.xml

- For some reasons, I can't access the virtuemart all in one component..

Do you have the same problem ?

nicoco59

Quote from: jjk on June 18, 2015, 18:32:26 PM
Did you read this? https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=122595.0
In order to find out if you have a PayPal configuration issue, you can also (temporarily) configure a 'Standard' payment method and check if the emails are ok with that.
Do you use any third party 'One page checkout' extension?

I checked this page, and here are the results:

- The order status is not updated when a payment has been done
There might be several reasons for that:
1) Your virtueMart version is < 2.0.26
We do not SEF the IPN URL anylonger. To fix this issue
in file /plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal.php
replace this line
Code: [Select]
"notify_url"       => substr(JURI::root(false,''),0,-1) . JROUTE::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginnotification&tmpl=component', false),

with this line
Code: [Select]
"notify_url"       =>JURI::root() .  'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginnotification&tmpl=component' . '&lang='.JRequest::getCmd('lang','') ,

=> Those lines don't appear in the Paypal's php file

2) Check if you received the IPN
In  your browser, try to access this URL http://yourdomain.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&amp;view=pluginresponse&amp;task=pluginnotification&amp;tmpl=component . There can be a problem here if you use 3rd party SEF since some member report that joomla redirect it to 404 when accessing this notification url.
=> When checking I arrive to a blank page (but it's not 404)

3) Check your server logs, and search for "task=pluginnotification".
Don't have any traces of this in my log file

nicoco59

For information : I tried setting the url like on this page : http://www.virtuemartrackingextension.com/virtuemart-tracking-extension-documentation/24-setup-paypal-to-auto-confirm-orders-in-virtuemart

There page isn't blank anymore, but I still won't receive any order confirmation email, so I guess it has nothing to do with the paypal's IPN.

Can someone tell me which PHP file I can edit ? That virtuemart emails management..

Thanks.

nicoco59

This problem has been solved after the release of virtuemart 3.0.10  ;D

Thanks guys !^^

Milbo

Great, we found out, an email not send to shoppers is often a broken invoice.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member