News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Additional Dropdown on Checkout Page

Started by toad78, September 21, 2015, 23:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toad78

I would like to be able to allow users to select from a drop down box to receive a free sample of a product (specified in the dropdown) on the checkout page. This dropdown can only be visible for users who are actually making a purchase. Otherwise, this dropdown should not display.

Any ideas on how this can be accomplished?

Thank you.

K&K media production

create a userfield and show it on cart only

to display it only if the cart is not empty, you can make a override for the sublayout customfield ... or you can write your own userfield plg

Milbo

http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/216-shopperfields.html

"The userfield "custom" allows to create customised shopperfields, which use as layout file the name of the shopperfield. For example the shopperfield tos, uses the layout file tos.php in /components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts"
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

toad78

So then I should be able to place this custom field anywhere within the Cart/Checkout page? Or am I at the mercy of VM? I'm using VM 2.x and there is no 'sublayouts' folder.

K&K media production

You should update your VM to the latest VM 3 to use the new sublayouts.

toad78

So then with the upgrade, what sort of issue will I run across? We've already experienced issues with minor upgrades of VM 2.x with clashes of extensions we use in conjunction with it. I'd just like to know how much more work I'll be getting myself into just for the sake of the use of 'sublayouts'.

K&K media production

Then you should check all your extensions if they are compatible with VM3 or if a compatible version is available.