Vm3.0.10 and j!2.5, no emails notifications sent when orders occure.

Started by Stefan Korth, September 20, 2015, 13:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan Korth

Hi, i do not get past this issue for weeks now, i have installed a fresh database and j! Combi instalation with vm, have since updated VM to most recent version. I migrated my articles and content via the vm migrator, which worked nicely. Anyhow, i have not managed since to configure vm and joomla to notify orders via email. Dont get me wrong, my email details are correct, and it is possible to register, receive system emails etc. But when it comes to orders, no notification is sent.

The website is here www3.customdrums.de

I use the latest J!2.5 version - i did not use 3.x due to recommendation from vm developer.

At www.customdrums.de was my old shop, with an outdated J! Version that had been hacked, so i really need to get this thing running so i can close that old site, it has been disabled for shopping anyway... Anybody has an idea why emails are not sent?

AH

Is this a move from vm1 ?

what are your notification settings configured to

have you checked your vm log files
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Stefan Korth

It seems the problem is, that the status has been changed from vm2 to vm3: there is no "pending" status anymore, but after import of the products and categories, when a customer finishes shopping online, the status is the not defined "pending", and such no emails are sent. This is a knows problem i have learned, but not so far how to solve it...

And yes, i importet fro, j!1 and VM1

GJC Web Design

there is definitely a Pending with VM3 but as I understand it a policy decision was made to not incl. Pending as a state to send emails
There is a range of Status configurable in the VM config and with each payment plugins (which BTW are responsible for setting an order to confirmed etc and triggering the emails) which can be set to trigger emails

Have you gone thru all these settings?

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum