News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Multivariant pricing per shopper group ?

Started by dmb, September 04, 2015, 23:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmb

I'm sure this must be a common situation, but maybe it's so obvious that nobody has had to ask how to do it - really sorry if I'm missing something obvious !

I have products that have different prices depending on residential options chosen, and that have different prices per shopper group:

Example:

Product: Training course

Shopper group:        Member                     Non-member
w/ Standard room   100                             110
w/ Ensuite room      150                             170
Non-residential        60                               80

Any walkthroughs that I could use ?

Thanks for all help,

David

dmb

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I really could do with some pointers !

Is there any documentation on how to do this kind of complex pricing in Virtuemart 3.0.9 ? I've been trying different combinations of things for the last couple of weeks and still haven't got anything sensible  :-[ I don't understand how multivariant custom fields and products/child products work together and this part of the product is not well documented or anywhere near intuitive, for me anyway  :)

This is the last part of a site that I need to complete before we go live, I'd really love to crack it !

Thanks,

David

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dmb

The documentation's not bad at all, I've learnt a lot from it. I've figured out how to create shopper-selectable non-chargeable product attributes (like colour), and variable priced ones too (like size). I'm stuck on the additional layer of member vs. non-member prices for variable priced products (e.g. member: S/M/L=£5/£10/£15, non-member: S/M/L=£10/£15/£20). I think I need to use some combination of multivariant custom fields and child products but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the concepts. I've even managed to create some products where even I'm not sure how the final price is calculated ha ha !!

I may be approaching the problem from the wrong angle, maybe I need to take a step back and go back through the docs to see if there's a better way than what I've been doing so far.

Thanks,

David

Milbo

The MV creates already a child for any variant.

You can set shoppergroup depended prices for the product, but not for the variant.

But in MV, the price of the variant is coming from a child, so it should work.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

dmb

OK, thanks for that. I think I'm getting the hang of it :)