bug - generic child variant: custom field value not shown in orders

Started by norbertschad, September 10, 2015, 21:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norbertschad

Hi,

While setting up a new shop, I've found an issue with custom fields. "Generic child variant" fields are used for product variants and everything goes well for the product details view and the cart.
However, looking at the orders or confirmation mails, only the name of the field is shown, but not the value. Regardless whether you check orders at the FE or BE.

Looking at the VirtueMartModelCustomfields class (displayProductCustomfieldSelected --> line 1265), the value is found by the product name or SKU or whatever was defined before.
Quote$value = vmText::_( $product->{$productCustom->customfield_value} );
That's ok for the cart, but not for orders as $product doesn't hold that information (anymore).

Is this a known issue? Any chance for a quick fix ;) , customer want's to go online...
If not known already, I might be able to debug through the code and see, why the information is missing.

Virtuemart: 3.0.9
Joomla: 3.4.4

Cheers,
Norbert

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ntm91307

I'm posting on this thread because it describes exactly what I'm experiencing and even mentions a fix in v3.0.9.10.  I'm running v3.0.10 on Joomla! v2.5.28 on my local machine under XAMPP.

Let me start by saying I'm pretty new to VM but spent the last 4 days drilling in and I am very pleased with what I have and what I've made in that time.  I am creating a single Product that will serve as the template for all my other items since we only sell one thing, fudge, and the only difference is the flavor.  My template contains 2 Variants: Number of Pieces and Box Style, both string lists with values in the default value field properly separated by ;.  The FE display is perfect and the variants add and subtract from the ending Sales Price exactly right.  My problem is in the shopping cart, just like in this thread.

My items show properly in the cart with their names and prices but the two variants only show their titles in the cart instead of their values.  I haven't looked at the emails yet (one thing at a time) but it wouldn't surprise me to find the same thing there.  I know VM will do exactly what I want it to do...I've seen numerous demos that prove that.  But either I can't locate my screw up or maybe the that one particular fix from 3.0.9.10 didn't quite make it to 3.0.10.  My money is on the former, but I've seen the latter a time or two before so it's possible.

Aside from what I've already shared I'm not sure what other information you need but you say it and it will arrive.  I could really use some help on this one.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Thank you very much...
Michael

ntm91307

Ok, been up all night trying to figure this out and I've come to the conclusion that Multi Variants are not what I'm looking for (took me awhile to figure them out).  What I want are the string fields I have.  Their only downfall is the fact that the fieldname ends up in the cart instead of the value.  Not sure what was behind that one but if someone could point me to the correct module to modify for this I'll break a cardinal rule and modify someone else's module.  I see no good reason to make a modification request since I may be the only guy on the planet trying to do this.

If someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for your help...:)
Thank you very much...
Michael

Milbo

ntm91307

I agree.  And if the title were optional that would be especially cool but nothing close to being critical.  At this point all I'm getting is the title and all I really need is the value.
Thank you very much...
Michael

Milbo

hmm, i just noticed it works correctly for "is input", but not for "is admin list"

ntm91307

Thank you sir.  Hopefully the fix is simple and swift...:)

Let me know....
Thank you very much...
Michael

Milbo

ntm91307

Perfect!  Thank you very much.  I think we're ready for prime time now....:)

Take care sir....
Thank you very much...
Michael